Deals Gap Trip Oct. 9-13

4DAIVI PAI2K5

ok heres the plan. seth gets off work at 7am on friday morning (9th) we'll pack up and leave shortly after that, trailering down. come back tues (13th) when ever we need to. if we have a bunch of ppl going might have to have 2 ppl drive down maybe 1 from columbus and 1 group from coshocton. ill check hotels or rooms down there. ryan (hoblick) an i have been talking since he was just down there and he recommended staying at www.ironhorsenc.com if anyone else know other places throw the info out there.

1. adam

2. seth

3. zacccckkkkkkk

4. todd

5. eric

6. elliot

7. garrett

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janet was talking to me about deals gap and she said we should stay at a place called Meggie Vally. Its about 50 Min. from the gap. And the roads around it are amazing. They stay there all the time when she went down there. Also there is not chain restaurants its all home cooking. She said its a pretty cool town.

here is a place ryan sent me at that iron horse site looks pretty sweet, even has a garage! with 8 ppl it comes out to 187.50 for 3 nights. i have 7 ppl listed as going currently we need to get some more to get the rate down. figure 3 days being sat sun mon. leave friday night that way we have time to pack after seth gets off work on friday lets get this stuff figured out boys!

The only bad part about staying in Maggie Valley or at IronHorse is that it'll take an additional two hours of trailer time in each direction. There is no food or restaurants anywhere near IronHorse so you'll have to ride 30 minutes to find some stuff at Robbinsville or cook where you stay. Maggie Valley is only slightly better with limited choices.

I usuaully stay in Aloca or Maryville - lots of hotels to stay at that run roughly $100 per night per room and several that are much cheaper than that. Loads of the usual restaurants (Hooters, TGI Fridays, Uno Pizza, etc) as well as several local types.

Matyville is a 5-1/2 trailer drive from Columbus, 20 miles from the Gap and adjscent to roads that go elsewhere. All are pretty decent rides as well.

Just tossing out some info.