Deals Gap Trip Oct. 9-13

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got this from a gap local.

eric what u think???

"So you guys want some roads huh? If you guys are up for a day trip that I promise will be worth it, try these out. All I ask is please don't give out the map or give away our secret roads, most guys will never know about these without a local to hook them up. There are notes at on the map at each blue pin (yes I made you a route) just click on the pin and it will tell you waht's up. Your starting point is the end of the dragon side of NC 28. Have fun down here and be safe."

map

Secret road my ass - that's the same route I mentioned before - only I'd go past 107 and take 215 north. It deadends into the Blue Ridge Parkway and follow that back northwest towards the hotels.

His route would be better for us in reverse - taking 64 east outta Highlands to Lake Toxaway (busy road, lots of cops and traffic on 64) and then north on 281 to 107. That would at least take us back towards Cherokee and then on towards Maryville.

107 ain't all that great, 281 is like 215 - maybe smoother as 215 has some fucked up sections - but it just kinda ends and we'd have to backtrack to get back.

Tarffic anywhere near Highlands area on a weekend is gonna suck dog balls. Beyond slow two lanes with no passing zones anywhere. Might just have to suck it up though ifu guys wanna go down there. His route kinda by-passes Highlands, but we'd have to follow it backwards to get outta there. OR - we could take his route to 215 north and then to the BRP to Cherokee. That's a long assed day of riding though.

Don't get stuck on following any specific route - all of the roads beat the shit outta anything we have back home - so you can't go wrong.

I'm not leading anything - it'd be like herding kittens!

If ya want, I'll put together a bunch of route sheets with directions

that you can carry in your tank bags. That way we won't have

to wait on people and no one will get lost .

Then we can just pick a route for the day and go.