Black Busa with OR stickers on luggage

Tomcat0403

Hey, first time I have been on this site for a few weeks actually, and the first thing I see...is a post about my bike! Kind of nice! It was the first day I've ridden in awhile too.

Anyways, yeah, I am sure it was my bike. Thanks for the compliment!

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

:busa:

COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

I do carry a cooler in my right case, usually filled with various non-alcoholic drinks for all those bikes that can't even strap down a water bottle! No microwave, though I might have to look into a 12v powered one!

:lol: nice setup! Its always nice to have storage. I've started strapping my purse to the back of my bike with a net :( lol

There is a new market! An easily removable, tank or tail mounted purse! Probably have to be a strap mount, as I'm sure the magnets wouldn't be good for the credit card strips. (if that is really true). All the ladies could just strap down their specially designed, paint matching purse..come up to the store, unstrap it, and off they go, wearing it as usual.

Or, you could just use a tank or tail bag, and stick it in there. They have some that attach to your seat, and when collapsed, just look like your normal seat, just 1/2 inch taller, or however big.

Or, you can just do it the MJ way, which wouldn't look nearly as odd, if it was a red, or black purse!

Seriously though, for anyone that is debating about getting luggage. I know it isn't for everyone, but I absolutely LOVE my Givi! I rarely ever go anywhere without them. Those of you that know me, know I ride often (14k last year), and ride in any and all weather, including Well below freezing temps. I have packed everything I have needed over the time that I have had them, and have never had any problems. Well once, when I forgot to close the lid on the top case, and both my hat flew out, and 1 glove liner, but that was my fault.

I will never own another road bike that doesn't have hard luggage. It completely Enhances the riding experience. Yes, my set up was expensive, but I know my side cases/racks (which I had first) have paid for themselves already. I found them as a used pair, for less then the cost of just brand new racks. I have saved enough just by being able to bring drinks from home, and not having to pay $3 for a water at a gas station. On many rides, I used to easily spend $10. a day in drinks and gas station snacks. Now I just pack it from home, and have enough to share with anyone that I ride with. Instead of buying 1 granola bar, I will now bring a box for the same price. Instead of 1 small water, that won't entirely quench my thirst, I can bring 10, and always have them ice cold.

Between all 3 cases, I can do some serious grocery shopping, or easily pack for an extended road trip.

My side cases are 21L each. That is big enough for 2 gallons of water in each side, plus a little extra room for snacks.

My top case is a huge 55L one, which can fit 2 full face helmets. I have fit 5 large pizzas in there, with room to spare on all sides!

If anyone has any questions about them, feel free to send me a message.

Or, you could just use a tank or tail bag, and stick it in there. They have some that attach to your seat, and when collapsed, just look like your normal seat, just 1/2 inch taller, or however big.

I think Cheech has one of those IIRC?

I think Cheech has one of those IIRC?

me too! When I had the 600rr and 636, I absolutely loved that thing. Still sitting in the garage waiting for me to see if I ever get another sport bike for the street again

Yup Airhawk! Thanks Chevy!

In my Cockpit, there is also a :

Throttlemeister (cruise control, Right Bar End, Heavy version to reduce vibration),

Garmin 765t gps wired to a hidden 12v outlet,

Gerbings heated gear wiring with 2 knobs mounted for individual heating control (barely sticking out under bottom left of gps),

MRA Vario-Touring windscreen (which is absolutely amazing for taller riders, long distances, and high speed runs),

Matching rocker switches to control my fan (Left one is barely visible just left of sunglasses)

LED lighting (right switch completely blocked by sunglasses),

USB outlet to charge my Iphone (hidden from this view by my gps)

Foam Grips that slide Over your current hand grips. (great addition for anyone wanting to cut down on vibration, or who has bigger hands and wants a slightly larger grip to grab. This is the best accessory I have got for my bike that has been under $10. I could tell a very big difference in less than 1/2 mile.

IMG_0849.jpg

You got her all decked out Danballa!

Not yet, I still have a few things to get, but I am working on it. Next up is going to be my freaking garage door opener! I remember a write up on here somewhere, I just have to either motivate myself a little more, or heal up a little more, and I'll get it wired in.

Also gotta get a tank bag, but I have been looking at those for a long time. I just can't decide which one. I don't really need more luggage, but I think I might put a drink system in it. Currently I have one I wear, which can be nice having a drink everywhere I walk, but depending on the ride, it can also get annoying.

I have also been debating about mounting my phone up front beside my gps, but I am worried that it will distract me too much if I do that. That might turn into a safety issue for me.

After that, I start working on the back half of my bike. I want a bike mounted tool kit, and first aid kit. I can put a lot of things on the front, back, top, bottom, and inner side of those luggage racks!

There is always something to be added to my Tour-abusa!

Not yet, I still have a few things to get, but I am working on it. Next up is going to be my freaking garage door opener! I remember a write up on here somewhere, I just have to either motivate myself a little more, or heal up a little more, and I'll get it wired in.

Also gotta get a tank bag, but I have been looking at those for a long time. I just can't decide which one. I don't really need more luggage, but I think I might put a drink system in it. Currently I have one I wear, which can be nice having a drink everywhere I walk, but depending on the ride, it can also get annoying.

I have also been debating about mounting my phone up front beside my gps, but I am worried that it will distract me too much if I do that. That might turn into a safety issue for me.

After that, I start working on the back half of my bike. I want a bike mounted tool kit, and first aid kit. I can put a lot of things on the front, back, top, bottom, and inner side of those luggage racks!

There is always something to be added to my Tour-abusa!

Yeah, there is one about wiring the garage door opener into your light switch.

I made a bracket for my phone, which is my GPS too. I'm in the middle of trying to figure out where to mount my power outlet as the GPS kills the batter in it.

I just bought a 17Litre tank bag from pony yesterday look great. Need to find more luggage saddle bags for when I head out west.

Get a good sized tank bag that has backpack straps so you can lug stuff around when off the bike.

Yup Airhawk! Thanks Chevy!

In my Cockpit, there is also a :

Throttlemeister (cruise control, Right Bar End, Heavy version to reduce vibration),

Garmin 765t gps wired to a hidden 12v outlet,

Gerbings heated gear wiring with 2 knobs mounted for individual heating control (barely sticking out under bottom left of gps),

MRA Vario-Touring windscreen (which is absolutely amazing for taller riders, long distances, and high speed runs),

Matching rocker switches to control my fan (Left one is barely visible just left of sunglasses)

LED lighting (right switch completely blocked by sunglasses),

USB outlet to charge my Iphone (hidden from this view by my gps)

Foam Grips that slide Over your current hand grips. (great addition for anyone wanting to cut down on vibration, or who has bigger hands and wants a slightly larger grip to grab. This is the best accessory I have got for my bike that has been under $10. I could tell a very big difference in less than 1/2 mile.

IMG_0849.jpg

Thats i nice set up nice bike