? About installing a 190/55 instead of a 190/50?

cOoTeR

I'm having a 190/55 tire installed on my 07 cbr 1000 stock it has a 190/50. I assume thus will throw my speedometer off. Does anyone know of it will read faster or slower, how much? Anything else I should be aware of?

the speedo won't be affected by much, but it will read slower than your actual speed unless you've played with gearing......then it's a math project!!

I've noticed with my bike is that factory 50's perform well, but that little extra profile helps turn in.......my bike would turn nicely on 50's, but felt even better on 55's

I assume that the tire specs for MCs are the same as for cars, so...

190 is the width profile of the tire = 190 mm.

50 or 55 is the percentage of sidewall height to width.

Therefore, a 190/55 has approx 19 mm greater overall diameter (about 0.75") than a 190/50 tire.

[190*0.50=95; 190*0.55=104.5; (104.5-95.0)*2=19 mm]

You'd have to know the overall diameter of one of the combos to calculate an exact speedo correction, but I assume it's in the 2% or less range, i.e., at 70 MPH indicated, your actual speed would be approx 71.5 MPH. Not a big deal, since most of us do 10-20 over anyway...

Next you'll chrome your rims and put an extended swingarm on. :D

Nah next is the gold chain to go with my squid suit. Then pulling the front rotors off and taking out the right headlight.

don't forget the chrome spiked bar ends and chrome spiked fork caps to guarantee impalement in a crash!!

And nothing looks better with anodized valve stem caps than a chrome chain guard ;)