I think I found my next CC gun...

redbarron77

Wife had a judge she carried for a short bit, but we recently sold it. I have read lots of bad reviews concerning stopping power and penetration. I might carry one if I lived in snake country. She had to have the judge after seeing the ad in the NRA magazine.

I picked up two new babies recently

images-1.jpg

FNP-45 15+1 rounds of 45 acp

I need to find an OWB holster though

images-1-1.jpg

Springfield Armory's new range officer model.

I think I'm going to order a Compatac belt holster

Both firearms shoot great! I think I'm quickly becoming a 1911 guy :)

i almost bought a taurus pt1911 today....so hard to resist :( lol... i have an itching for a 1911 after handling a few today

I had a Taurus pt1911 duotone it looked sweet, but I didn't care for it. Some parts are not interchangable with others. I do like my Springfields I think I should save up for a Kimber.

the only springfield i can find in my budget is a cheap standard GI model....the taurus comes with so many more upgraded parts than the springfield and only $100 more....if i could afford a nice springfield i would, but with my budget the pt1911 looks like the best one i can get....might hold out until i can afford something nicer though, not sure

the only springfield i can find in my budget is a cheap standard GI model....the taurus comes with so many more upgraded parts than the springfield and only $100 more....if i could afford a nice springfield i would, but with my budget the pt1911 looks like the best one i can get....might hold out until i can afford something nicer though, not sure

Buy once, cry once.

The Taurus is not the brand you want for a 1911. They have some really horrible reviews by owners. And their quality sucks. Honestly, do you want to buy a gun from a manufacture that does something like this?

photo-1.jpg

If you want a quality 1911, then save and get the one you want. Don't just waste money by settling for something subpar.

Or if you must, look at Rock Island or ATI for a budget 1911. Those have great track record. They're around $450-$500, depending on where you look.

images-1-1.jpg

Springfield Armory's new range officer model.

I think I'm going to order a Compatac belt holster

Both firearms shoot great! I think I'm quickly becoming a 1911 guy :)

Nice. Congrats on the RO. It's a great shooter. I will eventually ad it to my Springfield collection.

If you don't like the rear sight, look into Harrison Custom's rear sight replacement for the RO/TRP pistols from SA.

Nice. Congrats on the RO. It's a great shooter. I will eventually ad it to my Springfield collection.

If you don't like the rear sight, look into Harrison Custom's rear sight replacement for the RO/TRP pistols from SA.

Thanks for the tip I actually don't mind the rear sight but I would like a narrower front sight or I guess a wider rear would work too. I actually like the sights on the range officer better than my night sights on my emp.

+1 for the rock island armory 1911, I found this GI issue on sale, for about $375 (i think, it was a few years ago) but I've ran at least 1.5k rounds thru it, used everything between Winchester hollow points to cheap range reloads, and I've never had an issue with it. I keep two magazines, one is loaded with 4 or 5 rounds and the other empty, I rotate them when I clean them, every week if I shoot or not.. So I don't stretch the springs out, seems to be the biggest problem with any magazine...

ria.jpg

For my daily carry, I have a Taurus PT140 .40 cal, 3.5 inch barrel 10+1 capacity, easily 2k rounds, never jammed, had 2 failure to fire while using range reload ammo, but it has the "second chance" on it, so every time you squeeze the trigger the firing pi drops! when carrying I use only Winchester hollow points, and treat it the same as my 1911, 1 mag at half capacity, the other empty, clean and switch every week. I can easily make 2" shot groups at 10 yards all day long with this gun,

P2170074.jpg

Edit: its the jarhead in me that makes me clean them everyweek...