Well, I'll be riding again.

RSparky

On a Buell Blast, that is. Not the prettiest thing, nor the fastest, but it's free, and is gonna save my sanity for the time being until I can find a respectable bike for a respectable price.

Anybody with experience with these?

It had sat for two years, and my dad bought it for cheap. Turned out, a motor mount broke, and the ground wire just so happened to be on that same mount. The guy just let it sit...:nono:

After replacing that, a clutch cable, and a few other things, it's running now. Still need to fix some cosmetic things, like a brake light. Or just run it over,;) but I'll hopefully be riding it by the end of the week!

:D I've been experiencing withdrawals.

Anything on 2 wheels is better than anything on 4 wheels I always say. Actually I kinda liked those Blasts and was looking at them a while back, I'm now 4" shorter than I was when I bought my current bike. Found a couple good forums on them but lost the links, recall they liked the Avon and Pirelli scooter tires if you need tires. Hard to find tires that fit the Blasts in oem sizes.

• Upvote 1

why am I confused... I know with archery season in I am not on here that much anymore, but I thought you had a nice kawi? what happened to it? Did I miss something...

I tuned my future sister in laws buell last year. I would pull the carb and clean it and pull the needle and make sure it is clean and re-install.

Hers only sit for a year, and ran like crap until I tore it down for her.

I sold my bike in order to get a 600. Unfortunately, I wasn't using my brain when I decided to post it so soon, because I didn't think about the price difference and the fact that I'd be bikeless. But... It is much more motivating to save money without a bike. I'm practically the scrooge now.

UPDATE ON THE BUELL: (copied from another forum.)

So...

248358_10150625729105461_646535460_18645280_6661902_s.jpg

This is the Buell Blast that my dad bought to fix up. For very cheap, I might add.

The thing wouldn't run for the original owner, and he let it sit for two years.

Turned out, the ground wire was connected to the motor mount which broke off. Fixed that, replaced the clutch cable and it ran fine.

The front tire though... was stock. On a 2002 Buell. Old rubber with scalloped, minimal tread. Figured riding with a couple of cruisers taking it easy wouldn't be bad. Anywho, we were going and it was running fine. Not the best AF ratio, but who knows. We had already cleaned the carbs and practically the whole system from gas tank to cylinder. It ran. That's all I was asking for. I'm second in line, behind my dad because he still had the Alabama plates on from the original owner, with three cruisers behind me. Dad was taking it easy, cuz I know he can ride his springer softtail better than most would expect. At a left turn in a stoplight intersection, I start to lean in. Not a lot, or so I think. But all of a sudden I'm leaning and leaning and leaning and leaning for what felt like 5 seconds. Eventually the bike hit the ground though. Lucky me, I thought I was hanging in limbo for a while there! It slid a couple feet, and I hit left elbow first, basically belly flopping onto the asphalt.

Thanks to wearing ATGATT, I simply have a sprained ankle, and a lightly scraped shin and wrist. I was wearing my SIDI Slash riding shoes, so I expect the ankle twist, as well as shin scrape. The Cortech HDX gloves have no gauntlet, and are very ventilated. Guess they're more for comfort than protection. I'm going to be investing in better gloves, and some taller boots that I can actually wear in the heat, though, that's for sure.

The damage: A bent rearset and shift lever, scraped on the edge of the tank, bent the mount for the itty bitty cowl over the headlight, and the turn signals... they were already pretty trashed. Just moreso now.

A couple of hurried attempts and she started up. (Didn't want the cops to come, cuz me riding was technically illegal. Don't ask about insurance either.)

We shortened our destination, and got food.

The way home had a whole new set of perils... It died. Five times. No reason that I can figure out either. Each time I was just going down a straight line, and it acted like it lost power. I could turn the throttle, and it'd bog a little less, try to downshift, but that didn't save anything, downshifted to first to try to "kick start" it while I'm still rolling, and it just started decelerating a lot faster lol.

Buried.gif <--Me.

Dad has some magical hands, cuz he was the only one able to start it each time. Eventually got it back to the garage, and I just really wanted to kick it.

That's my ride. First on the list is a new front shoe. The rear had already been replaced recently. Then some integrated taillights, and of course a pretty good run-over to determine the problem...

At least I got to ride. ignore.gif

lulz. i think the buell would be easier on my back as it is more upright. just did dad's lawn yesterday and threw the rod in the lawnmower. probably should have changed the oil instead of just topping it off. oops. but i'll tell you what, that weedeater will break your back faster than a no-legged whore. makes me think i want a viffer or something. i'm only 21 years old! :mad:

lulz. i think the buell would be easier on my back as it is more upright. just did dad's lawn yesterday and threw the rod in the lawnmower. probably should have changed the oil instead of just topping it off. oops. but i'll tell you what, that weedeater will break your back faster than a no-legged whore. makes me think i want a viffer or something. i'm only 21 years old! :mad:

heli-bars make the vfr more like the ninja650

Exactly how is a ninja650 uncomfortable? The VFR is more aggressive. :dunno:

dude the vfr is a "tour-air" :rolleyes:

I just realized I've seen you before. Was stalking you in my silver, new-gen GTO on the highway one day. :)