Harley Dealer wants $1,200.00 for a custom dyno tune.

DTM Brian

Customer called yesterday wanting a tune on his 2010 Harley. He is using the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner which flashes the stock ecm. I gave him a quote of $300.00. When I asked him what kind of prices he was seeing his response was a HD dealership (Thiel's Wheels) in upper sandusky gave him a quote of $1,200.00. Sounds like I need to open HD dealership and bend people over for dyno tunes.

This is the main reason i will never have anything to do with harley and their stupidity. "1950's technology at 2030's prices."

Different strokes for different folks. No reason to hate on someone else's likes or dislikes.

• Downvote 1

Different strokes for different folks. No reason to hate on someone else's likes or dislikes.

Oh, there's plenty of reason for harassing those who ride HD's. LQTM

Even for Thiel's Wheels that seems high.

My guess is that price was with a Thundermax auto tune installed with a custom base map, I could be wrong though, regardless that is still very pricey in my opinion.

Thiels did mine for $350 and that included installing the programmer. They spent about an hour on the dyno. Base was 110.03hp and 117.43 with a K&N filter and adjusting the ECU. I was more than happy with their service.

Brian, how much is a custom tune typically? I thought I remembered your price being around $250 for PC

:)

Any chance for a group buy?

Most Tunes are $200.00. There are a few exceptions that raise that price.

As far as a group buy money talks. Show me people who are willing to spend the money and I will talk a rate.