Break Up Tips

tyler524

from personal experiences:

If she has mail coming to you're address you will legally have to evict her (if she doesnt want to leave). Even if there isn't any lease agreement or shit like that cops won't do anything. Also don't just threw her shit out and change the locks if she's going to be pissed, she can make you let her back in.

If she left peacefully, then yes change all locks immeditaly and tell her to fuck off.

GL. Bitches be crazy

tread lightly, if she lived there and can prove it (mail, bills, ect) you can't just lock her out if she does not want to go. You have to go through an eviction process.

This is very true!! If she has mail coming there and wants to really push the issue she can file all sorts of shit against you in court if you do not properly evict her. Personally i will file the eviction if you are serious and not tell her about it until it becomes and issue where you need it.

You have no lease agreement, verbal or written..she is an overnight guest who has overstayed her/his welcome, it could be 5 years, doesn't matter. Mail doesn't matter.. Cops will tell you differently if she calls them but they are wrong, stick to the she's an overnight guest who has overstayed her welcome story. You could have them call your lawyer when they disagree with you and you don't have to open the door for her or the cops if she shows up with them. You can leave her stuff somewhere locked up safe like the garage and change the locks before she gets home. Now, if she paid rent and can prove it, not utilities, you're screwed and must evict.

Edited by Gump

She came home last night and slept here and is at work right now. Her stuff is still sitting in the foyer but she is going to look for an apartment with her friend. I'm not really going to be a dick about it and she can stay on the couch til then. I will be busy with work and what not so it's fine with me. Let her find a decent place where she can take her dog and cat with her.

My friend still gets some mail delivered here and she hasn't lived here in 10 months. I hope that wouldn't give her the right to come back lol. Hell, I still occasionally get a piece of mail from the people that owned the house before me 7.5 yrs ago lol.

She came home last night and slept here and is at work right now. Her stuff is still sitting in the foyer but she is going to look for an apartment with her friend. I'm not really going to be a dick about it and she can stay on the couch til then. I will be busy with work and what not so it's fine with me. Let her find a decent place where she can take her dog and cat with her.

Good choice...:)

You're a good-hearted man :)

Just went through this tonight actually. except I was the one moving out. she got pissy again and said to take your stuff and don't come back. so i started packing. then she got even madder because i was so "eager to leave". mainly I'm just done dealing with the bullshit. luckily if all goes right ill have a new job and not be around when she thinks she screwed up and wants me back.

It is drama like the stories in this thread that has made me give up and stop dating. That, and I can't find anyone that can keep up with me.

I stayed single-ish for about 8 years and always used these type stories as my excuse when really it was I didn't wanna get tied down and miss out on opportunities to be a manwhore :D

I stayed single-ish for about 8 years and always used these type stories as my excuse when really it was I didn't wanna get tied down and miss out on opportunities to be a manwhore :D

Well, at least you grasp the concept that it's not okay to be a manwhore once in a relationship like a lot of guys I know lol.

ha I had a flash to the movie The Hangover - you're one man wolf pack huh :D

Well, at least you grasp the concept that it's not okay to be a manwhore once in a relationship like a lot of guys I know lol.

yea I'm one of those "if I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it right" types. If I'm gonna be single, well then I'm surely gonna take advantage of sampling whats available. If I'm in a relationship (which is rare but my current status) well then I'm gonna do it the right way, if something better comes along well then she'll just get the boot

? Keep up with you in what sense?

I tend to not be a home body. I am in a lot of things, from motorcycles to historical reenactments. Anyone I am with, I would want to have the energy and interest to keep up with me and want o be involved in some of it.

yea, but I am not doing that. No, it really is, I am sick and tired of the drama.

She got pissy again and said to take your stuff and don't come back. so i started packing. then she got even madder because i was so "eager to leave".

Surely you know what a woman says isnt really what she wants. But I'd do the same thing. I hate games and manipulation.

Inexcusable. No games. U wanna play games and manipulate, move on! (and I have, several times)

I've never met someone who was perfect before. Must be my lucky day.

You probably move on several times because you don't want to put in the effort to work on things.