i think it's time for a new car...

scottie.harris

Sunday I made a quick trip into town and on my way home the light turned red. I hit my brakes to slow down and heard like a turbo bov sound. My pedal dropped to the floor and coasted thru the redlight, lucky nothing bad happened. I lived like half a mile so I carefully drove home and found I blew a brake line. This car is giving me so much trouble o think o need to get a new car.

The long list of troubles are ac clutch, blower motor, warped rotor, strut bottoms out, wheel bearing(already replaced it before, shop used cheap bearings), body dented and scratched to hell, bent key, ignition broke, doesn't idle right sometimes(has new plugs and wires), resonator has a hole that's getting bigger, ECT.

almost all of this has gone out in the past half year, its to the point its not worth fixing anymore. It was a college car I bought for $1400, and I've put almost 3x that into it. This means I won't get another bike :( but if I'm getting car I'm gonna get one I want :D

I've been looking into something sporty but will hold up decent during winter( basically not rear wheel drive). I've been thinking about a wrx or evo mainly, but I'm also looking at fwd cars like a colbalt ss or impala ss.

The newer impala ss's or the 7th gen 94-96? The 94-96 are RWD fyi.

I bought a 96 Dark Cherry Metallic when the Big 3 stopped making RWD's. I figured it was an end of an era and it would hold its value. It did. I rarely drove it, except when I was fishtailing through right and left turns. Sold it. Profit. $$$.

Man that thing was a boat.

I bought a 96 Dark Cherry Metallic when the Big 3 stopped making RWD's. I figured it was an end of an era and it would hold its value. It did. I rarely drove it, except when I was fishtailing through right and left turns. Sold it. Profit. $$$.

Man that thing was a boat.

I honestly think they look pretty decent. And they definitely do hold their value. When you do find them for sale, every once in a while...people are fucking retarded with the prices asked for them. I think from what i remember kbb saying they should run 4-5k still.

I honestly think they look pretty decent. And they definitely do hold their value. When you do find them for sale, every once in a while...people are fucking retarded with the prices asked for them. I think from what i remember kbb saying they should run 4-5k still.

I noticed that. I was looking for a car last winter at a dealer and he wanted like 16K for one. Wow.

I think I bought mine back in....98,99-ish. Sold it around 2002.

My 98 grand am has 174000 miles on it with along list of things wrong with it but screw it is still gets me there and I don't have to wash it...lol

yea my Buick has 165k but its been wrecked twice. First time previous owner was doing donuts and hit a pole, second time I was being stupid and street racing my friends iroc z28 and went into a cornfield. Since then i drive like a grandma. Honestly though i don't even feel safe driving this car sometimes, but its not worth fixing.

I've been eye balling Justins Evo 8 from indmoto.

I noticed that. I was looking for a car last winter at a dealer and he wanted like 16K for one. Wow.

I think I bought mine back in....98,99-ish. Sold it around 2002.

Yeah, i wasn't aware they are older Ferrari's. :wtf:

second time I was being stupid and street racing my friends iroc z28 and went into a cornfield.

Well...there was your 1st mistake.

If you get a Cobalt SS, I can hook you up with anything you can dream of for it. I have one actually, if you wanted to look into buying it lol. Nothing wrong and very quick for a fwd 4cyl (MANY modifications), just had it 5 yrs now, since new

I know cobalts are awesome little speedsters. My sister hates them though, she bought hers new in 06 and says its nothing but problems. She just doesn't take care of it. Honestly though I want a mostly stock car and that's hard to find in a wrx or evo.

Cobalts arent bad except the suspension blows. Motor and tranny seem tuff. Yeah stay away from cars that have been heavily modified.

... Yea but I can't drive a bike in the winter(I hate Ohio for that). Otherwise I wouldn't own a car. ...

Just get a Ural, there's a guy down the road from me that rides his all winter long. :D

looks like this:

post-6346-1369097929398_thumb.jpg

2WD motorcycle FTW :bow:

Edited by fizzer
changed pic

Fail. :nono:

That's weird, the picture shows up if I use chrome, but not if I use firefox. Hmm. will try to fix it.

fixed?

Plus with a Ural I hear when you kick it sideways at 40 and fly the chair, ALL the panties drop.

Edited by fizzer