Dayton Area Riders

gcashd

well since my bike has been getting neglected a little bit this season, not really just feels like it. i am bored of riding alone, anyone in/around the dayton area looking to get some sort of regular weekly rides (when work allows) going? lets figure out a good day of the week and get some rides together!

g,

I am in Springfield, but have no problem riding anywhere. I see you run a gixer, are you asking the sport bike group or are you taking all that respond, regardless of bike type ? Was just wondering, but the idea of a weekly ride is a good one.

Ask the wife, I need a very small excuse to ride.

Everyone ride safe out there.

Greg

I'm in but the rest of July my daughters got softball 2-3 days a week then tournaments, after that my weeks will loosen up a bit - but only after I work night shift (3p-12a) the first 2 weeks of August.........damnit.........should be free to ride some days those couple weeks from late morning to early afternoon before I have to be at work though -- then my schedule will be basically back to normal so I'll keep my eyes peeled for PM's and updates here.

i am just looking to get small to decently sized groups together to just go for a ride...i don't care what kind of bike it is. looking to ride street anywhere from troy all the way down to sugarcreek...and all the roads in between. what day of the week would everyone like to see a normal ride happen?

g,

I'll ask now, just because. You say rides to Troy or Sugarcreek, are you aware at what we Sport-Touring guys frequently do in a ride? I'll give you my week last week.

Last Fri.= 165 mi. , Last Sat.= 310, and last Sun was 306, and that was a slow week.

I have gone to Lousville for brunch and Chicago for Pizza, this yr.

So if you get some ST riders, get your Monkeybut powder and Tylenol 3 ready, you might need them.

Lookin forward to seeing some ideas, lets ride, far.

And please, everyone ride safe.

Greg

g,

I'll ask now, just because. You say rides to Troy or Sugarcreek, are you aware at what we Sport-Touring guys frequently do in a ride? I'll give you my week last week.

Last Fri.= 165 mi. , Last Sat.= 310, and last Sun was 306, and that was a slow week.

So if you get some ST riders, get your Monkeybut powder and Tylenol 3 ready, you might need them.

Greg

Lol Pdloyfad!! I took my 1999 ducati 750 SS from cinci to Boston, 17 hrs straight each way! On the way there I thought ' I'm a young harda$$, k can ride until my fuel light comes on, 200+ miles' that lasted one round! By the end I was stopping at every exit in mass. Made it there in the same time as coming back, on the way home I stopped every 100 miles

If it took 1 minute or 5 hours! And spent 2 hours at niagra falls. And an hour waiting on the sun to come up (I was freezing!). Took the same time

Both ways!

Good for you Van, I don't do the Iron Butt stuff, I think that kind of straplock on my ride time makes it to restricting. But give me a destination, a small reason to go, and decent weather, and all I need is gas money and time.

I'll drop you a note the next time I'm going to St.Louis for a Rueben sandwich. :rolleyes:

Ride safe all.

Greg

g,

Greg

I like this guy!!

Grave,

Love the roads of KY. Have you ever done the Riverboat Tour KY Style?

There are 10 Riverboats that run on 5 diff rivers in and around KY, a couple yrs ago a group of us did a self designed ride that killed off 1500 miles in 3 days, 5 rivers and 10 Riverbaots. An exhausting trip, but one I will never forget.

Lets add another wrinkle to this this way, how many want to do an overnighter, say Sat. ride, camp overnight, and a Sun ride and return home. Or Fri / Sat same idea? :D

I'm game for a limited Riverboat run, I'll even lay it out. We are running out of summer pretty damn quick, lets do something.

Ride safe all.

Greg

I was just being a smart ass

Dude, I'm in your camp. I'm a short-distance rider. I asked a week or so ago about the appeal of long rides. Even though its not an ST ride, I keep thinking I need to run SR73 down to Portsmouth again this year. Great road.

Grave,

Love the roads of KY. Have you ever done the Riverboat Tour KY Style?

There are 10 Riverboats that run on 5 diff rivers in and around KY, a couple yrs ago a group of us did a self designed ride that killed off 1500 miles in 3 days, 5 rivers and 10 Riverbaots. An exhausting trip, but one I will never forget.

Lets add another wrinkle to this this way, how many want to do an overnighter, say Sat. ride, camp overnight, and a Sun ride and return home. Or Fri / Sat same idea? :D

I'm game for a limited Riverboat run, I'll even lay it out. We are running out of summer pretty damn quick, lets do something.

Ride safe all.

Greg

I like this idea...just depends on what date you are looking at.

Dude, I'm in your camp. I'm a short-distance rider. I asked a week or so ago about the appeal of long rides. Even though its not an ST ride, I keep thinking I need to run SR73 down to Portsmouth again this year. Great road.

I rode that last year a few times. Its fantastic! I ride 350->73 to Serpent Mound and back a couple times a month.

Anyone want to run over to the Hooters get together Fri. evening with me?

The weather looks perfect, if it holds, it is only a 45 min run from my place here in Springfield, and if you want to check it out, come with me.

Drop me a note on here, or shoot me an e-mail @ decolag@hotmail.com.

I plan on hitting the road between 5:30 and 6:00.

My address is : 1975 Willoughby Ave., Springfield Ohio. I'm just off Middle-Urbana Rd. a little N of Northridge. Mapquest or Google maps me, I'm very easy to find. The garage door will be up and my Sonic Blue concours will be parked out front.

Lets see if we can get a nice group of Dayton riders for a Hilliard Hooters run.:cool:

Hope to see you, ride safe all.

Greg