7/9/11 SE Ohio Alternate Bukkake Refresher

lammiepie615

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8:00-8:05 I'm assuming.

Attendees may vary from NEO, but looks like some daytonites are hooking up for the southern portion. Lammie is a guarantee, he's more anxious to get that BMW out than he would be getting a supermodel in the sack for a day. I was hoping to do tomorrow too, depends on if I can drag myself outta bed on a day off.

And now that I know jinx is riding Sunday, I'm much better off trying to make this ride. Jinx is trouble, funny hilarious, trouble.

Edited by JRMMiii

What is the rollout time from Circle K? And who is actually attending?

I'm riding solo as of right now and will link up with the group from Dayton in New Concord. I will still be at Route 82/83 if any of you decide to show up...leaving at 8:00 am sharp.

Edited by lammiepie615

Keep in mind that a few stops were planned for people that aren't going to be riding this weekend. The stop at the Marathon on 78 in/near Lewisville before doubling back and taking 145 south is one of them. Also the stop on 7 at the river may not be needed...I think it's only 50 or so miles from the last gas stop. If you pass it up, it will put you just under 100 miles until the next fill up. Because we had such a big difference in bikes for the last ride, it's hard to gauge what kind of fuel economy everyone is going to get...and when I'm going through the twisties I'm in the RPM fun zone...which isn't going to win me any awards for fuel economy.

I wound up sneaking onto this ride.

The SV was respectably quick it's first trip to SEO...even with the Shit-ko tires the last owner installed.

260 and 255 were pretty gravely. On 260, about 2 or 3 miles south of 78 there is a sneaky decreasing radius left hander with a gravel trap that you can't see until you're already committed to the turn. So, watch out for that.

I broke off at Woodsfield and rode solo on 800N.

Nice meeting Lammie, and the guys from Wright Pat...oh and Justin too.

Yes. Pain and a burning sensation in the front and the back is normal. Sounds like everyone made it back ok?

We had two close calls, but everyone should've made it home safely. There's a lot of gravel on 260 and 564...don't go balls out tomorrow, it's not worth getting hurt over.

Edited by lammiepie615

So the GoPro did record everything today. Ill edit some videos and post later.

The roads would be alot more fun, esp 260/255 and 78, had there not been so much gravel. I think a large portion of 78 had 10x4' patches of new asphalt over the old which left bad transitions and gravel all over the road.

Combined with the blind turns for newbs on the route, it was definitely not a good mix.

i did enjoy myself, and was definitely glad TPoppa and Jrmii were out with us to lead.

I had two close calls.

The decreasing radius turn combined with gravel and ruts on the outside spooked me. Had the road been clean, I would have been confident enough to lean the bike more and make the turn. I assessed the situation and saw that there was wide open field in front of me, opted out of possibly lowsiding the bike by leaning more in gravel and stood up straight and went off into the field off the road. Went over two shallow ditches but stayed up on two the entire time.

The second time I was in a turn, front tire hit a weird transition/surface and came loose. Front end wobbled but quickly recovered, probably due to my steering damper.

Im pretty good and putting those things behind me, and learning from it. So I didnt have those ghosts looming through out the ride and kept towards the front of the group the entire time.

Again, deeply appreciative to JRMii and TPoppa for leading. InYaAzz for posting the route. Enjoyed the ride, you guys definitely need to come down to KY10/22 sometime. Im not gonna lie, i think those KY roads are better. esp for newbs ie road conditions and vision.

Ill post videos later after some editing.

Edited by ohdaho

This blows. When I hit 255/260 last year it wasnt in that kind of shape. I don't remember 78 being in that condition either. I would'nt have suggested this route had I known it was that bad.

I guess when I get home in an hour I need to come up with something else.