FS: Pace 6x12 Enclosed Trailer

Casper

I can't see the pics on my pc at work but from what I've read this is a white tandem axle - correct? Does it have brakes?

Single axle, no brakes. I pull it with a Ford Ranger and never have a problem stopping even with two bikes and full of luggage. I barely even notice it's there until I hit the mountains. Then the poor little Ranger doesn't like it all that much, but it does it fine.

Single axle, no brakes. I pull it with a Ford Ranger and never have a problem stopping even with two bikes and full of luggage. I barely even notice it's there until I hit the mountains. Then the poor little Ranger doesn't like it all that much, but it does it fine.

Single axle? That's quite a chunk of trailer for a single, not to mention when it's loaded down with a ton of bikes and gear......but sounds like a good deal for sure.......have to think this over and more importantly, rationalize it out with my better half ;)

Single axle? That's quite a chunk of trailer for a single, not to mention when it's loaded down with a ton of bikes and gear......but sounds like a good deal for sure.......have to think this over and more importantly, rationalize it out with my better half ;)

:confused: Not sure why that'd be a chunk of trailer for a single axle. I could understand if it was a 7x14 or something. :dunno:

I'm thinking that trailer is probably the largest size available to sit on one axle - I've seen 6x10's with tandems, but it could just an option for larger payloads?? I'll check the pics tonight and see what the concensus is with the wife and go from there -- not a bad deal on paper though - I'm assuming it has a side access door too? And it's not a V-nose right?

I'm thinking that trailer is probably the largest size available to sit on one axle - I've seen 6x10's with tandems, but it could just an option for larger payloads?? I'll check the pics tonight and see what the concensus is with the wife and go from there -- not a bad deal on paper though - I'm assuming it has a side access door too? And it's not a V-nose right?

Yup. Side access door and not a v-nose.

No way, dude. a 6x10 with tandem axles is overkill and probably means it has shit axles to compensate. The 6x12 Ben is advertising is MORE than capable of hauling more weight than 2-3 motorcycles. I have a 6x12 US Cargo and it was bullet proof.

This is a great deal for someone. Biggest thing is the tires which seem to be new and the axles if they are torsion. If torsion, just checking them for wear is something you want to do, but torsion on a single axle is the shiznit when hauling stuff...

• Upvote 1

No way, dude. a 6x10 with tandem axles is overkill and probably means it has shit axles to compensate. The 6x12 Ben is advertising is MORE than capable of hauling more weight than 2-3 motorcycles. I have a 6x12 US Cargo and it was bullet proof.

This is a great deal for someone. Biggest thing is the tires which seem to be new and the axles if they are torsion. If torsion, just checking them for wear is something you want to do, but torsion on a single axle is the shiznit when hauling stuff...

Thanks Brian.

You're probably right about the tandem 6x10, but I've seen it in person as well as several tandem 6x12's -- But I'm not trailer saavy by any means, just appeared to be underbuilt to me -- didn't realize torsion bar suspension was even put under trailers, figured they were all leaf......so that would definitely upgrade it's payload. I'd love to have this thing.......I'd have several uses for it since I dirt ride / street ride / and in a band -- not to mention helping others in need. Just a handy tool that I've never owned, but hopefully that will change soon enough ;)

Yeah bro, no offense, you are way off here. I have a 6x13 with V nose, torsion axle(single), newer tires, and load it with 2 bikes, spares, tools, fuel, gear, 2 canopy's, etc and tow it with my F250, or friends Dodge 1500 without hemi, and it doesn't even flinch.

Enclosed trailers are def. a great investment, I know, I bought one too lol.

Nice, more info the better - be a first time trailer purchase for me and never really looked into them much until I saw this deal - it definitely got me thinkin' but not sure about finances right now - little better debt to income ratio and a trailer would be in the books, sorry Casper but glws (unless you wanna hold it til spring for me;))

Using a 6'x14' single axle "Look" V-nose enclosed trailer here, it has hauled 3 sport bikes, gear, tools etc. etc. with no problems.

I did not like it at first, but now I agree that having an enclosed trailer is nice to have on long trips.

• 3 weeks later...