thought id share

cOoTeR

Jealous. My busted ankle has ended my season so I spent the weekend putting my bike instorage and then doing a service and tune-up on the Gimpmobile.

I swear my bike was crying when I started running sta-bil through the tank. Or maybe those tears were mine. :cry:

What bike are u riding?

My buddies fz6. He's trying to sell it so he let me take it on an extended test ride. I'm glad he let me borrow it.were.having a blast.

take it on US 28 to Georgia....you will not be disappointed

Saturday we did the cherohala skyway dragon loop. It was fun but by the time we finally got to the dragon it was dark. So my first time on the dragon was 2up on a borrowed bike in the dark. That was a rush! It wouldn't have been so bad had every other vehicle coming the other direction turned their brights off.

Yesterday we rode 28 out to Fontana then took 143 back into robbinsville to drop my fiance off. Then we took 143 back to 28 then took various roads to the blue ridge parkway. When we came back we jumped on a road called wayah road outside of franklin. Man was it a blast. The pavement was a little sketchy in spots but still fun. We were going to take 711 but it appeared to be more of a road for dual sports so we stuck on wayah rd to 19/74 to 129 back to robbinsville.

Edited by cOoTeR

Saturday we did the cherohala skyway dragon loop. It was fun but by the time we finally got to the dragon it was dark. So my first time on the dragon was 2up on a borrowed bike in the dark. That was a rush! It wouldn't have been so bad had every other vehicle coming the other direction turned their brights off.

Yesterday we rode 28 out to Fontana then took 143 back into robbinsville to drop my fiance off. Then we took 143 back to 28 then took various roads to the blue ridge parkway. When we came back we jumped on a road called wayah road outside of franklinton. Man was it a blast. The pavement was a little sketchy in spots but still fun. We were going to take 711 but it appeared to be more of a road for dual sports so we stuck on wayah rd to 19/74 to 129 back to robbinsville.

Holy shit! I can't imagine doing the Dragon in the dark. The stretch of 28 between 74 and Franklin is seriously my favorite road I've been on

You were there the same time i was. I rode the dragon early in the afternoon saturday, rode the cherohala skyway. As we got back near the dragon, the rest of the group broke off and headed back to the hotel in gatlinburg while i did a few more runs at dusk on the dragon. Virtually no traffic, it was great. Riding through the national park with a nearly 40 year old headlight sucked though, Plus i forgot it wasn't aimed worth a shit :mad:

279422_2101277744545_1623498545_2037995_4926479_o.jpg

doinwork5.jpg

doinwork11.jpg

doinwork2.jpg

doinwork1-1.jpg

I had a blast, ended up riding 1500 miles in 3 and a half days. Only had one small hiccup when i lost my chain on I-77 in Virgina late in the night. Went back and picked it up, put on my spare master link and was on my way.

Not to thread jack, I thought it was cool you were there when i was.

IMAG0173.jpg

The view from Fontana Dam.

IMAG0170.jpg

One of the overflow tunnels on the dam.

IMAG0168.jpg

Looking across one of the overflow tunnels.

IMAG0172.jpg

Looking down the dam.

IMAG0167.jpg

Looking across the dam.

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

The valley below.

IMAG0161.jpg

Don't know if its true or not but we were told this dam is the second largest only smaller than the Hoover.

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

The bottom of the overflow tunnels. Water comes out at upto 95mph shoots 150ft into the air and lands 400ft down stream when the locks up top are opened.