I'm officially one of you yuppy bastards now...

magley64

android > iphone

true story.

inconsistent comment...

did you mean android 2.2.2 (froyo, current update) > iOS 4.2.8? or

did you mean android 2.3 (gingerbread) > iOS 4.2.8? or

did you mean droid (insert phone model here) > Iphone4?

Because if the droid model you inserted is the droid X2 running 2.2.2, you're completely wrong.

I used to be a big android fan, I really liked my bugless beast version of gingerbread (android 2.3) on my original droid, but contrary to it's name, it was not bugless. It randomly backed out of applications, and got twitchy when it got warm...

The droid x2 was horrible, locked up on me the first day I had it, streaming songs was a nightmare, even compared to my old droid. It shut off randomly. Not to mention their sales pitch about it being dual core was total bullshit since 2.2.2 doesn't even utilize the second core...it only runs at 1 ghz...

the iphone on the other hand is stable and efficient, hasn't given me any bullshit so far. It isn't open source, so it's a bit more of a pain in the ass if I want to jailbreak it, but I haven't even found a reason to do that yet.

yes, android has several perks, especially if you're into customization, but right now I just want a phone that works consistently, and this one does.

Why didn't you wait for the Iphone 5?
Latest rumors show that the iPhone 5/4s wont be a big upgrade.

this^

also I lost my phone at MAGZFEST '11 and I'm thinking I left it one the hood of a truck belonging to one of the guests, cause I cant find it anywhere. This prompted me to need a new phone.

Lucky for me, I had a upgrade with full 2 year discount (new every 2) coming from VZW, and i'm still grandfathered in with my unlimited data.

I liked my droid enough to go with another android phone. (picked the droid X2) I used it for a week and HATED it. Only had 14 days from date of purchase to return and change my mind, so I did. I know enough people that love their iphones so I went with it.

I have had my HTC Droid Incredible over a year and hasn't given me any problem.

only things that I didn't like about HTC was their antenna wasn't nearly as good as motorola (live in the middle of nowhere) and their battery life sucks (on any phone I've ever heard about)

odd, my Motorola DroidX has had zero problems...

both Froyo and Gingerbread

maybe it's just a x2 problem, or maybe it was just the one i got... but i definitely was NOT pleased with it... the damn maps application took5 minutes to load for gosh sakes...

hey, take your battery out for me for a second...

oh wait....

For what? I don't have a spare, and I'm betting you don't either...

how about your SD card?

oh wait.....

;)

Again....why? Got one bigger than 32 gb to replace it with?

I just don't see the need for either of those things.

i do have a spare actually.

a removable battery is also good if your battery goes bad, or if the phone gets a little damp.

as for the memory, 32gb sd card + whatever gb your phone has internal = > 32gb ;)

i do have a spare actually.

a removable battery is also good if your battery goes bad, or if the phone gets a little damp.

as for the memory, 32gb sd card + whatever gb your phone has internal = > 32gb ;)

asurion FTW...

if any of this happens it's either fixed under warranty, or it's getting accidentally dropped in the sink and replaced.