Does anyone own a Honda Fury? What can you tell me

Beegreenstrings

I am highly drawn to this bike. I went the other day to look at the new CBR250 for my Fiance and saw that the dealership had two fury's on the floor. Very nice Maroon w/chrome wheels and a flat orange w/flat cast wheels. Both were good looking bikes!. I prefer the flat black w/chrome wheels, but all is good.

just curious on what people have heard or havn't heard.

i've read about them, because my dad bought a lowered GS500 from a woman who wanted to buy one.

http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle_roadtest/riding_impressions_articles/archive/riding_impression_2010_honda_fury

This lady had to lower her GS500, and was about 5'4" and 110 lbs. I'm certain she dumped her Fury, so you can probably find it in the Columbus area for sale pretty cheap.

For my money, I'd go Yamaha Warrior before Honda Fury.

I can tell you that the fuel tanks don't hold much.......displacement vs. gallons, you'd probably be lucky to get 80 miles to a tank -- but guys aren't buying these to travel or get decent mileage........it just seems to me to be a little too much "form over function"

Lots of plastic chrome and a.....uhm.....a so so motor.

Check out a Yamaha Raider.

Love the Raider. If I could swing 2 bikes I'd have one. Now, that there's a Stryker I think it's closer to the Fury in terms of performance even thought the Fury is closer in price to the Raider.

Love the Raider. If I could swing 2 bikes I'd have one. Now, that there's a Stryker I think it's closer to the Fury in terms of performance even thought the Fury is closer in price to the Raider.

You are correct about the Stryker.

my buddy had one

it has the vtx1300 motor

even though its got a good stretch and rake it still handles well with that big rear tire and 21 front

and its not terrible uncomfortable, as you would expect though, since honda doesnt generally put the rider in discomfort.

the aftermarket is huge for them now

you can get about 100 miles to a tank in stock form.. with pipes,, tuner and stuff youll get around 80 - 90

in my opinion the rear needs lowered right out of the gate.. it just has to much fender gap. my buddy lowered his and it made a world of difference in look.

he eventually went back to stock height though to ride a passenger.

here is a video of his fury with a 250 wide tire kit i did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rIXyASO74c

@ B G-string: I saw one (a couple, actually) at Honda Marysville when getting a push mower, and they look (to me) much better in person than they do in pictures.

Wouldn't get one myself, but not looking for that style of bike.

The CBR 250 didn't look half bad, either. Looked a little more than half good... The 1200's design almost, but not completely translates to the 250.

I don't want to derail this too far w/ the Raider talk, but I've ridden one, and while it had impressive torque, the overall performance for the size of the engine was underwhelming. It handled okay, "for a cruiser."

If you're looking at the bike as a fashion statement, then I understand the desire for an air-cooled V-twin, but the Raider is only a couple tenths faster than an EX-500 in a straight line...

Again, I understand that cruisers aren't built for speed, but you're talking sub SV650 acceleration, from virtually triple the displacement. If looks are indeed the primary concern, than the 1300 VTX engine shouldn't really be a complaint.

I've had this same discussion with HD owners who claimed "it's not about performance," but then talked down about the sportster 883. If it's not about performance, why is the 883 "a girl's bike?" Carry on...

Fury = DOG. very underpowered. Yamaha Stryker would be a better 1300 for power. (and looks IMO)

We had a guy buy a blue one, punched out the cylinder as big as he could go, bigger cam, exhaust, hypercharger, dyno tuned, and it was still a dog. Didnt sound too bad though. He even had the cylinder diamond cut. Looked awesome! everything got chromed too.

We have a Pearl Fury in stock with black rims, black handlebars, etc... i like the looks, but not the power. All the motor cases are still raw aluminum. They need to be black or chrome.

I don't want to derail this too far w/ the Raider talk, but I've ridden one, and while it had impressive torque, the overall performance for the size of the engine was underwhelming. It handled okay, "for a cruiser."

If you're looking at the bike as a fashion statement, then I understand the desire for an air-cooled V-twin, but the Raider is only a couple tenths faster than an EX-500 in a straight line...

Hmmmmm.....interesting. I assume you've riden plenty of "cruisers" to be able to say that it handled just "okay"? That's what sold it for me.

Pretty impressive that an EX500 can turn consistent 12's.....hmmmm. I think for a 692 lb dry weight, that isn't too bad. It is still a cruiser after all. Sorry, don't mean to get defensive. This is just the best bike I have ever owned in my opinion.

Sorry, back to the Fury thing. For some reason I think the motor just looks too plain, or simple. Not sure what it is. Definitely would have been better, in my opinion, with the 1800 motor.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote