+SEO Mini Dragon 536 Ohio 7/23/11

NinjaDoc

Oky so here is a route that many might already have ridden before and some including me have not. i seen many threads here itself from years back . I am not sure about the road condition or how its going to be, i just wanted to share this info that i got by word of mouth and by reading up from the net. If its true its gonna be awesome and this saturday we can tame the mini beast.

We can meet up in Akron some where close to 77 ( since its gonna be sorta midway between extreme north and east guys )

We go down 77 ( boring part but saves time for good rides)

Continue through 800 to reach uhrichville ( here i guess the SEOz can meet up with us)

Ride down 800 to reach woodsfeild take oh 78 east till we reach intersection with 536 (prelude to the main event but fairly good ride)

OH 536 Baby dragon: about 12 miles long, 199 curves, mostly 15mph ones, many 180 degree ones, 200 elevation changes. Road condition current one i am not sure. They dont have guard rails ( :p ) and cauton is adviced.

then we reach route 7 continue north ( kinda boring but relaxing riverside drive after the hardwork)

take 39 and 164 back up north (pretty good ride)

and relax and get some STD ( since last time many guys missed this place... justin wanted a local flavor so bad)

come back to oh 11 and split up

if some one who have already ridden it leads the group it would be so nice.

map i will post if people are intrested or as soon as i get home.

i will be sticking at the very end and doing 10mph at 15 mph :D, am still learning.

UPDATE: since not many seem to be intrested its just a couple of us who ride under time constrains hence we doing this small ride

Time: 8 am meet up in lot front of best buy in 224 as shown in the map

561 Boardman Poland Rd

Youngstown, OH 44512-4909

we will be doing route 170 and 164 to return, whole ride will be done within 4 to 5 hours including the stop.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Do 536 just to say you have done it, it's not close to being a mini Dragon and for the life of me I can't figure out how someone can come close to making that statement. If you are putting in the effort to go that far when you get to 7 go south to 255. The road is six miles longer and is a way better road than the goat path 536 is.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=29234

Do 536 just to say you have done it, it's not close to being a mini Dragon and for the life of me I can't figure out how someone can come close to making that statement. If you are putting in the effort to go that far when you get to 7 go south to 255. The road is six miles longer and is a way better road than the goat path 536 is.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=29234

Some said 255 is better than 536, and "mini dragon" was used by some so I just put it there for stir some excitement :D

Eitherways if weather looks good, if others have different suggestion we can always change and modify

Added: how is this happening , all my replies are coming in before rather than after :(

Ride down 800 to reach mansfeild take oh 78 east till we reach intersection with 536 (prelude to the main event but fairly good ride)

You sure you mean "Mansfeild" and not Woodsfield? Mansfield would really screw up the route

:busa:

Some said 255 is better than 536, and "mini dragon" was used by some so I just put it there for stir some excitement :D

Eitherways if weather looks good, if others have different suggestion we can always change and modify

Added: how is this happening , all my replies are coming in before rather than after :(

It's not at it's best right now, but when it is freshly paved 536 is without doubt the best technical road in SEO. Very challenging and definitely not a favourite for speed freaks because it defies attempts to ride with a rhythm - you really MUST pay attention at all times and adjust accordingly. However it is close to 556 which is good and fast, and 255 which is popular with the sportbike tourists right now.

Take it easy on 536. That one decreasing radius turn TPoppa mentioned has nailed a lot of people.

You sure you mean "Mansfeild" and not Woodsfield? Mansfield would really screw up the route

:busa:

my bad, corrected Thx :)

Lol Justin :) as long as u don't "swish" past me or magz red couch is not filling up my mirror , I will stay focused

I rode most of the above mentioned roads last sunday including 536 in both directions. All the above cautions and comments definitely apply, especially to 536.

536 is positively treacherous due to the tar strips strategically placed in many of the turn entrances. With the elevated temps even a moderate pace produced some interesting slides. The decreasing radius right-hander(when heading east) never fails to suprise, even when expecting it.

260 from Rt7 to Marr is fun. Still a bit dirty in some turns but manageable.

255 was still flagged as closed but you can easily negotiate the construction zone once around the barriers. A plus is there is very little traffic on it due to it being "closed".

Have a safe ride guys.

536 = Tar snakes & gravel. Lots of gravel driveways intersecting. Gravel induced crash there last year myself. Dragon = No gravel, great pavement, lots of police. Have fun on your ride but beware.

What time is this ride starting up?

we can leave by 9 am, place i will post soon.

hey lamm, two issues to consider, one if only 2 or 3 of us are riding, do you wanna do a short and quick ride so we dont have to be under the sun at 100+ during noon?

we can leave by 9 am, place i will post soon.

hey lamm, two issues to consider, one if only 2 or 3 of us are riding, do you wanna do a short and quick ride so we dont have to be under the sun at 100+ during noon?

If you're concerned about the sun, start the ride at 7:00 and/or alter the route.

as it stands now, i think only me and lammie are up for the ride, since he has to come back early we might drop the big ride and do just a smaller quicker ride close to neo :( prolly the same route me and mike took last week ( route 170) which was pretty fun.

561 Boardman Poland Rd

we will be doing route 170 and 164 to return, whole ride will be done within 4 to 5 hours

Hey akira u initial D fan?

Edited by NinjaDoc

as it stands now, i think only me and lammie are up for the ride, since he has to come back early we might drop the big ride and do just a smaller quicker ride close to neo :( prolly the same route me and mike took last week ( route 170) which was pretty fun.

561 Boardman Poland Rd

we will be doing route 170 and 164 to return, whole ride will be done within 4 to 5 hours

Hey akira u initial D fan?

Sounds good, do you have a map of the route?