F!@k United/Continential Airlines....

Jst2fst

Just got off my flight from Denver and my flight from Cleveland to Columbus is canceled :mad:. No spare planes or open flights I'm told my flight is rescheduled for fucking Tuesday what the he'll am I suppose to do in Cleveland? They give the people of the canceled flight a $12 voucher like that's gonna do anything really. So they had this bright idea to get the shittiest bus they want to pay for and it smells like shit literally. So I'm on a bus from Cleveland to Columbus for 2.5 hrs. Call the customer service number and they don't wanna comp us for the plane tickets we bought. Their response is we provided service. Yea we paid for plane to costs not a damn bus ticket. I just pissed and feed up with them. I'm gonna try and get my ticket fair back cause it not what I paid for and as "I"; I mean we. Anyone else have this happen to them or know how I can get some money back?

Edited by Jst2fst

Hell when I was planning our trip to Cali a few months back, we planned on flying out from Vegas. But after looking at all the flights, they went from Vegas to Phoenix, then to Columbus. So I redid my search, leaving from Phoenix to Columbus and it saves us almost $200 a ticket. For me and the family, that is 5 tickets,,,6th is a baby so she doesn't count.. The extra day for the rental and a tank of gas was a lot cheaper! Plus we got to see the countryside.

You can try and get some compensation towards a rental or part of your flight $ back but definitely not all of it. Airlines are not responsible for delays or cancellations due to weather. Its a crappy situation but you have to understand that no one has control of the weather.

You can try and get some compensation towards a rental or part of your flight $ back but definitely not all of it. Airlines are not responsible for delays or cancellations due to weather. Its a crappy situation but you have to understand that no one has control of the weather.

From a fellow traveler, this is absolutely correct. Getting delayed for weather sucks, but they have no control over the weather. The contract of carriage states that the company has to reasonably provide transport to your destination, and the bus certainly qualifies as a reasonable transport. Best case is you get "lucky" and get a $100 voucher only good for that airline (like what I got when I was delayed in CMH for 12 hours on Christmas Eve, no weather involved).

Welcome to modern traveling. Suck it up and deal.

is the weather bad enough to cancel a flight until tuesday though? (im in my basement with no windows doing homework....so thats a legit question....it was nice when i was upstairs earlier)

If that's the next flight from Cleveland to Columbus, then yes. Don't really understand why you need to fly it, the drive alone is the same time you need to go through all the airport bullshits, but I'm sure it's worth it to somebody.

It wasn't weather related they would not tell us much but the plane was on the Tarmac. They didn't even know what was wrong. Apparently the flight was canceled at the beginning of the day and someone slacked on what to do untill the passengers got to Cleveland.

It wasn't weather related they would not tell us much but the plane was on the Tarmac. They didn't even know what was wrong. Apparently the flight was canceled at the beginning of the day and someone slacked on what to do untill the passengers got to Cleveland.

If it was mechanical related, they are required by law to put you up in a hotel and give you appropriate amounts of meal vouchers or arrange transportation to your final destination. They wont tell you that but if you know, you can really work them over. Ive done it a few times.

if all else fails file a complaint with your credit card company for disatisfied services..my buddie did it on a tour he took while on a cruise that he was pissed about and the credit card company reversed the charges for the tour

If it was mechanical related, they are required by law to put you up in a hotel and give you appropriate amounts of meal vouchers or arrange transportation to your final destination. They wont tell you that but if you know, you can really work them over. Ive done it a few times.

Which courtesy of the bus ride to Columbus, they did. It's getting stranded out of driving range where things get fun, and you have a lot of leverage provided it's a mechanical fault.

I spend 2 extra days in Tucson in 2007 when the NE had that big ass blizzard, all I had to do was tell the ticket agent over the phone that I wanted a guarantee that the flights were making it through O'Hare and onto Columbus. She didn't give it, so I stayed in sunny 60 degrees until she could. :)

if all else fails file a complaint with your credit card company for disatisfied services..my buddie did it on a tour he took while on a cruise that he was pissed about and the credit card company reversed the charges for the tour

Be careful with this. Starting a chargeback war can have unintended consequences if you ever actually have a fraudulent charge in the future that you need to have reversed. Again, yes, it sucks to be in a bus for 2.5 hours, but they held up their end of the contract of carriage, and you got where you needed to be that day and with a delay that wasn't unreasonable. Move on.

Which courtesy of the bus ride to Columbus, they did. It's getting stranded out of driving range where things get fun, and you have a lot of leverage provided it's a mechanical fault.

I spend 2 extra days in Tucson in 2007 when the NE had that big ass blizzard, all I had to do was tell the ticket agent over the phone that I wanted a guarantee that the flights were making it through O'Hare and onto Columbus. She didn't give it, so I stayed in sunny 60 degrees until she could. :)

Yup, I got delayed in Dayton due to the blizzard a few years ago but the issue was mechanical and not the weather. Due to that little fact, I missed my flight from New York to Brazil and had to take one the following day. They put me up in a hotel near LGA for the day and gave me plenty of food vouchers after I asked for more. It still wasnt enough so right before I left the hotel, I ordered room service and charged it to the airline since they paid for the room. :)

On a traveler side note. I just made my apt at the passport health clinic to get all my vaccinations and pills for my South Africa trip. You really do feel like shit after getting 6-8 different vaccinations and prescriptions for malaria.

From a fellow traveler, this is absolutely correct. Getting delayed for weather sucks, but they have no control over the weather. The contract of carriage states that the company has to reasonably provide transport to your destination, and the bus certainly qualifies as a reasonable transport. Best case is you get "lucky" and get a $100 voucher only good for that airline (like what I got when I was delayed in CMH for 12 hours on Christmas Eve, no weather involved).

Welcome to modern traveling. Suck it up and deal.

This is one reason I will not fly anymore.

Be careful with this. Starting a chargeback war can have unintended consequences if you ever actually have a fraudulent charge in the future that you need to have reversed.

also, many of them will flat out refuse to do business with you again if you have ever charged them back