Congrats KTM Brian at Vintage Days!!!

Dubguy85

Thanks, man. It was a fun weekend. Between demo rides, setting up our area and racing for the weekend, I am a bit tuckered out...

The times were OK. Just really wanted to get to the point early and maintain. Watched the guy in second both races and just wanted to ride with enough in reserve that if I ever heard him, I could run faster. Never got any pressure and it was an easy enough set of races.

I will say and hope this doesn't sound like a sales pitch, but the RC8R RS was really good. Considering we never put the thinner head gaskets in, never did any available cam timing, etc and had probably AT LEAST 20 hp down on the guy with the Duc, the bike showed what can be done with something right out of the crate.

I literally added clip-ons (cost savings), brake lever adjuster, and front fork 25 mm cartridges. That's it. And, we chased the front all weekend and was never happy with it...

I really need to thank the guys at KTM for allowing me the time needed in between to race, I need to thank Les from Dunlop for helping me on tire set-up and for WERA for dealing with some seriously tough weather concerns. The AMA put on a great show of course and everything was seriously smooth and ran well...

Good job! So, you were racing the RC8 at vintage days?

I've never been, so excuse my ignorance, but I thought they only have vintage races at vintage days?

No worries. They offer a modern twins and triples class for lightweight, middle weight and heavy weight.

No worries. They offer a modern twins and triples class for lightweight, middle weight and heavy weight.

This I didn't know either. Makes it more appealing for next year. Congratulations Brian!

I watched your last race from the fence along the back straight and it looked like you were having fun wheelieing between turn 1 and the chicane. I thought you might have had some in reserve from the way the guy on the Duc would come up and back on you. Your bike is beautiful and I can't believe how close to stock it is. Watching your race with some of the modern bikes has me thinking of getting a modern bike to participate next year. Maybe it’s time to show some twin love.

I watched your last race from the fence along the back straight and it looked like you were having fun wheelieing between turn 1 and the chicane. I thought you might have had some in reserve from the way the guy on the Duc would come up and back on you. Your bike is beautiful and I can't believe how close to stock it is. Watching your race with some of the modern bikes has me thinking of getting a modern bike to participate next year. Maybe it’s time to show some twin love.

Yeah, he has a TON of money in that bike. It is pure Superbike build and from what he has posted, it is literally as close to an AMA bike as you probably can get.

But, the second race, he was closer as he gridded right next to me. I figured as long as I could get to the front first, I could set the pace and force him to pass. If I ever heard him (never did), I could wick it up a bit. I would look over at the entrance to Thunder Valley and see him. Saw he was getting closer, but he was maybe a few tenths faster and he never really could close.

But, you obviously saw first hand how he reeled me in on the straight!!

You should come and join us! I really am liking the twin!

Good job! So, you were racing the RC8 at vintage days?

I've never been, so excuse my ignorance, but I thought they only have vintage races at vintage days?

I was thinking the exact same thing, except I was going to ask, "What'd you do, put the RC8 motor in a 65 Honda Dream!?". LOL

Seriously though, congrats Brian!

I was thinking the exact same thing, except I was going to ask, "What'd you do, put the RC8 motor in a 65 Honda Dream!?". LOL

Seriously though, congrats Brian!

That would be sweet!! Frame MAY not hold up under the stress that motor provides, though!

I saw a few CB350s and single cylinder Yamis I fell in love with, but had to pass on until I get a bigger garage! That small single cylinder stuff is so freakin cool!

Did I hear you were running 1:33 with that bike?

Baller

Yup. Guy on the Duc got into a high :32. Could have probably done a mid to possible low 32 if need be, but that would be turning laps in anger. Wasn't a need to push really hard...

OWN3D. Basically Brian=God in my book. Well a motorcycle God. And the best part is, we are all lucky enough to have his knowledge, and when at the track, he is so willing to go out of his way to help us out, give us pointers, give us a tow(next time I need to hit you up at Mid O), etc.

I mean no homo, but really, it's so awesome to have him here with us.

Yup. Guy on the Duc got into a high :32. Could have probably done a mid to possible low 32 if need be, but that would be turning laps in anger. Wasn't a need to push really hard...

If I remember correctly isn't that what you run with your GSXR? That's amazing that you can run such close times with a stock KTM.

I have never ridden a twin in anger but found myself on the rev-limiter when I did ride one. How do you adapt between the two?

If I remember correctly isn't that what you run with your GSXR? That's amazing that you can run such close times with a stock KTM.

I have never ridden a twin in anger but found myself on the rev-limiter when I did ride one. How do you adapt between the two?

think he did 1:31's on the vesrah bike at AMA RRGC weekend the other year.

Yeah, last year was tough for some reason. I couldn't get the GSXR out of 31s, but ran 30s in the race the year prior. We felt the track was the culprit. Everyone last year was slower than the year prior...

I'm happy with the times knowing there was more. I think had I changed front fork springs, we could have got the front better. But, would've, could've type deal...

I was just happy we didn't have to deal with rain!!