So you think Ford stands for Found on Road Dead

DTM Brian

I beg to differ with you.

Here is a 100,000 mile short block that has never been apart making 600 rwhp and 660 rwtq.

Incon Systems Twin Turbo Kit installed in 1998

Edlebrock Heads - Holley System Max Intake Manifold installed in 1997

Stock Camshaft - 2.5 inch Exhaust

Car still has Power Steering, A/C and a stereo that will make your ears bleed.

Here is a quick vid to test the Gopro for the first time.

2nd gear roll on killing a set of Drag Radials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQf-yFT_Q4

fox bodies like that one, that had the roller motors in them were 200K mile cars for retards. You did not have to know how to change oil check oil coolant or anything. Those rollers were damn near impossible to kill.

That spawned the rescent arguement between my fiance and I. She has a 93 F150 flareside she wanted to sell. I finally talked her out of it. Told her I would take it for that reason... It has a 5.0 roller sitting in it. Damn thing runs awesome! For a heavy azz truck it will put it down. It has no power adders, no forced induction (yet). Might stay stock might not... It is definitely getting a Cervini's ram air hood/kit next spring (have some extended cab work to do).

I said I was driving it to OBX next year and she just stared at me. Said we were taking her new car, I was like the new car wont haul the bike! :D

what kind of car is this? Or is it an F150 in the video? I don't recognize the interior.

Early model fox body (I say early as in 87-89, could be a 90-91 but I dont see the airbag steering wheel but they can be changed. Dash looks like a 92-93 though)? Two tone dash usually meant it was one of the last models of the year? But with no airbag I would sale it is probably a 89- early 90

I beg to differ with you.

Here is a 100,000 mile short block that has never been apart making 600 rwhp and 660 rwtq.

Incon Systems Twin Turbo Kit installed in 1998

Edlebrock Heads - Holley System Max Intake Manifold installed in 1997

Stock Camshaft - 2.5 inch Exhaust

Car still has Power Steering, A/C and a stereo that will make your ears bleed.

Here is a quick vid to test the Gopro for the first time.

2nd gear roll on killing a set of Drag Radials

not bad. but 99% of all cars built since the early 90's last well beyond 100k.

shit my mom has a 91 z/28 with 260k. original motor and 700R4 automatic trans. still does killer burn outs lol

Edited by serpentracer

my moms boyfriend has a 98 f150 with a shitty 4.6 and it has 220k on it and runs like a top

im completely sold on ford trucks

ide buy a new ford car....but an older one? not unless its a mustang (i dont mind if a mustang breaks down lol...i wouldnt ever rely on one as a daily car, im too hard on them)

My question is how dose it have elberbrock heads if its never been apart??

My grand am has a little over 174K and never been touched only changed the trans fluid once, and it has aluminum heads..and its always been driven hard

I can haz ride in Unicorn

Yes Sir.

You figure these cars made 200 wheel hp stock give or take abouit 10 hp. This car had nitrous on it back in 1988 and has had the guts ran out of it ever since. I never thought it would still be together at 100,000 miles making triple the horsepower at the tire. I know one day it will pop. Until then I am going to keep playing.

My question is how dose it have elberbrock heads if its never been apart??

My grand am has a little over 174K and never been touched only changed the trans fluid once, and it has aluminum heads..and its always been driven hard

The shortblock has never been apart. The cam, crank, rods, pistons, bearings have been out of the block.

I would hope that grandam would still be together at 174k miles. Try adding 3 times the horsepower to the motor and see how long it lasts.

Alright I am a Ford guy, but seeing as how I worked at Ricarts through the end of High school, this is funny!

I worked there in HS also. Dad grew up with the Ricart boys and I know them well. Good times when it was only the one building and all Ford.

I can't say anything about Ford. I drive a GM. Garbage Motors.

I owned a '99 GrandAm, and it was the biggest POS I've ever had. The list of repairs I did is too long to bother with on here. When the steering rack started to go, I ditched it. It had well under 100K miles.

I'll keep my old grandpa car (Buick) with the 3800. It is one of the few things GM ever did right.

My wife is now driving an FJ cruiser as of the 4th weekend.

I wouldn't be objected to buying a Ford.. actually might be what replaces my Buhog. My grandpa worked there for 40 years or so.