Accident on 22 near Lancaster

demitrix

Wearing a skidlid when involved in a headon isn't going make any difference other than more plastic scattered on the ground.

It grinds me to hear instant responses to bike wrecks-them not wearing helmets.

Sometimes its an issue, sometimes not, but it never overrides the accident itself imho.

RIP rider

Wearing a skidlid when involved in a headon isn't going make any difference other than more plastic scattered on the ground.

Agreed. if you're going to go head-on into a minivan or SUV then there's not much you can do to keep yourself on this planet. No amount of gear is a guarantee of safety. Even size of vehicle or not a sure thing either - Otherwise semi drivers would never die in accidents.

Couldn't hurt to try though.

Hate to say it, and i am ATGATT, but a helmet isn't gonna matter much in a head on with an suv.

It grinds me to hear instant responses to bike wrecks-them not wearing helmets.

Sometimes its an issue, sometimes not, but it never overrides the accident itself imho.

RIP rider

Agreed. if you're going to go head-on into a minivan or SUV then there's not much you can do to keep yourself on this planet. No amount of gear is a guarantee of safety. Even size of vehicle or not a sure thing either - Otherwise semi drivers would never die in accidents.

Couldn't hurt to try though.

Disagree... We don't know what happened. Maybe he hit and flew into the windshield... Helmet would help in that instance. Sure a helmet won't always save someone but there's always a chance it will help

Rip rider

Disagree... We don't know what happened. Maybe he hit and flew into the windshield... Helmet would help in that instance. Sure a helmet won't always save someone but there's always a chance it will help

Rip rider

You are I are actually in agreement. I was jsut saying that gear is not a guarantee of safety, but it doesn't hurt to wear it. Don't forget the Chinese man who jumped from 22 floors and survived.... And Dr Atkins who slipped on ice and died. Accidents are inherently dynamic events that are difficult to predict. Any amount of gear may or may not help - it's a roll of the dice. Having said that, hitting a minivan head-on at road speeds is like a roll of heavily weighted dice.

I'm ATGATT becuase i want to give myself the best chance of coming away from an accident with a few injuries as possible, but I'm not kidding myself that a helmet is a 30' wide magic force field of silk pillows or some such bollocks.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 1