Anyone have any experience...

Jamez

It must be summer time cause here in cincy we've had 13 days in a row over 90+ degrees.

I love riding but there are some days that I just don't feel like dealing with the heat.

Anyone ever had a cool shirt or any experience with these things?

http://www.coolshirt.net/backpack-cooler.html

http://www.coolshirt.net/motorcycle-cool-bag.html

$500??? :lol:

Drink water, sweat a little. As long as you're moving it's not $500 bad.

some people do need something similar to that - my aunt has MS and she needs one if shes out in the heat for extended periods of time

not sure if its that exact one, but she does have something similar

not sure if she paid for it or if her insurance paid for it

If you need one for medical reasons, fine, get one- no offense intended toward the medically needy.

If it's too hot for you to ride in your normal gear, wear a wicking shirt (e.g. Under Armour) - they work great.

Or if it's still too hot, decide if it's worth $500, or just take your car/truck and use the a/c.

It's hot and humid, but it isn't that bad once you're moving. Commuting in stop and go traffic sucks.

Get a camel back and put ice water in it

or just ice.

the poor-man's cool shirt is to dip a t-shirt in water, ring it out so it's not dripping, and toss it in the freezer. It won't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to solidify. Not that much water.

It will thaw quickly, but it stays wet, and if you've got perforated gear, wind + water = cool.

Much cheaper solution is a wicking tshirt like under armour and soak it every 1/2 hour or so. Just pour 1/2 a bottle of water down around your neck. $20-$50 for wicking shirt and cheap for the water.

A wet bandanna or similar rag around the neck would be a slightly less messy solution.

With well vented gear it helps significantly. Especially once you get out of town and start moving.

I'm taking all the advantage I can to ride because I know the snow will be flying far too soon. Already planning on getting grip heaters to help comfort on those cold days before it starts really snowing.

Craig

I'm going with everyone else...save your money and go get a couple of the under armour heat gear t shirts. I finally broke down and did it when we went to the gap in June when it was 90s all weekend. Let me tell you I'm a believer in how awesome those are with a mesh or perforated jacket. I got mine at Dick's for 2/$50 I think

Cooling vest + mesh jacket + Camelbak filled with ice water = hot weather riding bliss. That's the system I use when I ride through the desert. I also wear a moisture-wicking UPF 50+ long sleeved shirt with that (REI sells them) because I learned the hard way that you can sunburn through a mesh jacket, and it keeps body moisture in a lot longer.

Even cheaper, the simple soakable Cooldana you dunk in water and tie around your neck. Five bucks. :)

Cooling vest + mesh jacket + Camelbak filled with ice water = hot weather riding bliss. That's the system I use when I ride through the desert. I also wear a moisture-wicking UPF 50+ long sleeved shirt with that (REI sells them) because I learned the hard way that you can sunburn through a mesh jacket, and it keeps body moisture in a lot longer.

Even cheaper, the simple soakable Cooldana you dunk in water and tie around your neck. Five bucks. :)

lol did your sunburn look like a mesh pattern?