Any reviews on vega vtune lid

Simplysix

I haven't heard anything good about the V-tune. Someone at IP showed me one and how the visor doesn't even seal very far around the opening. The BT electronics may be OK, I haven't heard much about that part of it.

For internal visor, I have the HJC IS-16. I love it! You could always use a scala-rider or similar BT system.

Thanks for the help guys,

so no one seems to think this is the best way to go

Price is around 240 which seems good, maybe its to good

I like the idea of not have to switch shields everytime the sun goes down which is why I like the internal visor, and since most add-on BT systems are $100+ I like the idea of having one pre installed. Guess Ill just wait till next season and spend some more $$$

My buddy has one he said the speakers are good to about 50-60 mph before you can not hear at all but they aren't that good below 50. He picked his up on clearance some where for $150. I have the Shark S900 it has the internal visor a very lightweight helmet and I've seen them on clearance for $260 range.

There are quite a number of nice standalone helmet headsets on the market (i.e. Scala Rider, Chatterbox, Sena) that perform a lot better and can be moved from helmet to helmet. I say choose whatever helmet fits you the best and throw one of those headsets in there.

I've never been sold on completely integrated headsets in helmets, something had to be copped out to put everything there and sell it at that price. For example, the helmet Vega uses for the V-Tune is so malleable that I can push the forehead in with my thumb.

BTW, I never sold a Vega V-Tune helmet until it made it to severe clearance. I guess you get what you pay for.