J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Motorcycle Helmet Satisfaction Results

Casper

This kind of hit me as a bs survey.

Harley helmets beat a lot of common brands. Of course harley people would be satisfied more with their helmets, cmon it says "Harley".

I think this is more of a survey of what brands are most popular

that survey is full of shit....where do they come up with those numbers? icon coming in above shoei? no way in hell...and why is harley davidson even on there? arai, shoei, scorpion, and icon (all the the others above average) are full face helmets....does HD even have full face helmets? i thought they all they had were $20 (marked up to $220 for the HD logo) half helmets that offer no protection?

HD probably got on there since thats the only helmet HD riders wear usually since it says harley on it - i bet most never tried anything else so of course they rated it 5-star....and icon is the squid helmet of choice and theyre priced fairly cheap, so i guess that could explain why they ranked up there

arai and shoei are not in the same class as icon and HD....not to say there's anything wrong with icon helmets, but they are no shoei/arai

ide even argue that bell should be third place under shoei and arai

This kind of hit me as a bs survey.

Harley helmets beat a lot of common brands. Of course harley people would be satisfied more with their helmets, cmon it says "Harley".

I think this is more of a survey of what brands are most popular

That's what I'm thinking. Harley helmets rated higher than Nolan? LOL

Im sure that harley outsources a company to make "harley" brand helmets. I have had an icon for about 3 years and can't wait to get a new lid. I have tried arai and there is no comparison as to how much better they are. (Arai that is) I to call BS!

The survey is biased by quantity, not quality...

It's an opinion poll with scoring based off responses. If there wasn't a sufficient sample size you could bias quantity... but that's not the case.

I think people are mad because they spent $700 for a helmet and people prefer a $200 helmet at the same frequency.

Food for thought..

I have a several helmets. I happen to have one each of the top 3 and of the 3 I prefer the Icon Mainframe over the Shoei and Aria.

That being said I also have a cheap Zox helmet I got on clearance at IronPony for $40ish and It is the helmet I grab everytime. It looks cool as hell, is the most comfortable helmet I have ever put on and vents pretty good on the hot days.

My point.. try em all on and see what you like. I never thought when I bought each of those $350+ helmets that my $40 helmet would be the go to.

My point.. try em all on and see what you like. I never thought when I bought each of those $350+ helmets that my $40 helmet would be the go to.

But that's not how other people see it. You have to wear a helmet to survive, but not that helmet, wear this one instead.

And HJC ranked so low...goes to show you what power marketing has

i thought my HJC was ok until i tried a shoei and a bell....no comparison....hjc is like wearing a prison on your head compared to a nicer helmet...theyre ok if youre on a budget, but if not then i would never choose one again....padding is thin and chincey, theyre really heavy and loud, and the aerodynamics are horrid

Very few surveys are done correctly. A correct survey asks more than one question. None are biased. Any results that are all positive or all negative are discarded. Any results that fail to answer all questions are discarded. No one does that any more.