2 Ideas For Mid Aug. Rides

Pfloydgad

1. Put-In-Bay Ride and camp.

+: Fun riding in the N, ferry ride, Island riding

-: Most expensive, ferry rides, State campisite, restraunts

This is one I try to do every summer, but to be honest, it is an expensive wknd. Each ferry ride is $15, campsite is $29 per night, and the restraunts are expensive. Riding around a small island is ok, but not much of a challange. It is just a get away thing, camping thing, mix and mingle thing.

2. SW Ohio run w/ camping on the Ohio River, well not on the river, but beside the river.

+: great roads down there, lots of twisties and plenty to see. Lots of very good Mom and Pop type restraunts, all with great food. Quite a few private and cheap campsites along the river. Definatly the more frugal ride of the 2.

I am thinking the 19th, 20th and 21st. Fri the 19th. ride to campsite, Sat. 20th. ride around area and back to campsite, Sun the 21st. return home ride in morning.

I can work out details very easily, just looking for input and ideas.

Hopefully this is enough time for some scheduling, let me know on here if your interested and which one you would like to do.

ATGATT and ride safe all.

Greg

The Fri campsite is up in the air , depending on choice of ride.

If it is PIB, it will be up near Catawba, where the ferry is. So 2 hrs N is the norm.

If it is SW Ohio , then I would probably get a site at one of the State Parks below Hillsboro , along Rt. 73 or so.

Again, maybe 1.5 to 2.5 hrs away, depending on your start location.

Also consider, that if you can't get to the campsite on Fri, an early rise and ride to meet up with the group on Sat. is there. Depending on the group and the campsite, the Sat. morning ride usually doesn't start till 10 or 11am.

The idea in PIB, is to get to the island and ride around there on Sat. If in SW a ride around that area Sat. and another campsite Sat. evening.

On a ride like this, keeping within a couple hrs of home is important, at least to me. Or if the weather gets, shall we say questionable, we are a quick jump back to the shelter of home.

Hope this covered your question.

ATGATT, and ride safe all.

Greg

Rode some today, and ended up at Scioto Trail State Forest just below Chilicothe on 23. What a nice campground, it has been updated and has new elect., and the sites and is extremely clean.

Now there are no showers, but plenty of running water for that camping whores bath thnig. And cheap for a State campground.

They allow 2 tents per site, so it is just $10 per tent per night, not bad, and Kim, the rep I talked to, has no problem letting us stay just one night. It is normally a 2 night commitment, but I charmed her into letting us do a one night stay.

Hoping to see some more intrest here, lots of looks, come on all, lets ride and camp before summer is gone and the snow is flying.

ATGATT, and ride safe all.

Greg