Which HID's should i buy?

Hugo750katana

I currently have 35w HID's in my katana and ive had nothing but issues with them and teh same for the ones in my car so im lookin to buy a new set from somewhere else....Ive heard that DDM's have been getting good reviews so im look for oppinions....I have the H4 bulb so i need the bi-exnon kit...im not sure if i should stay with the 35 watt or bump up to the 55watt? thanks in advance for your help.

I've had issue with their wiring harness, just because I put 55W's on and don't trust the Honda harness to carry that much current. The harness that they will send you is for a car, so it will require considerable chopping to make fit. There's also a wiring fault somewhere, which with the modding of the harness makes finding that fault that much harder.

I've had issue with their wiring harness, just because I put 55W's on and don't trust the Honda harness to carry that much current. The harness that they will send you is for a car, so it will require considerable chopping to make fit. There's also a wiring fault somewhere, which with the modding of the harness makes finding that fault that much harder.

Id second this. Though I never got a wiring harness for the bike, my roommate got one for the car and he's had issues several times with a ground fault somewhere. However, DDM has been pretty helpful getting him new stuff or helping him through it.

I had DDM bulbs and ballast on my bike for a couple of years and had no issues whatsoever.

I've been running DDM for little more than two years now, 55w high/35w lows. The 35w ballast failed nearly a year after install. Thanks to DDM's lifetime ballast warranty, it was replaced for just my cost to ship the small ballast back. Never an issue w/the 55w

i ended of pullin my HID from my car and put one of those 55watt ballast in my bike with a 8000K H4 bulb and OMFG is it f'in brite....it is absolutely amazing how bright just one H4 bulb can be....i would deff recommend n e one to use a 55watt ballast kit on a bike if ur a night time rider..

I heard people that install 55w hid in there bike melt the housing that why I went with the 35w plus I run a lot of extra's so that power I save with them wont over load my battery.

Very true. The wiring was never meant to sent that high of an amp load to fire up the ballasts, the wire gauge is too small. Not worth the risk.

I heard people that install 55w hid in there bike melt the housing that why I went with the 35w plus I run a lot of extra's so that power I save with them wont over load my battery.

wire in a relay to bypass those issues on a sport bike.

On the heavy cruisers that don't care about weight savings, the wiring is usually more than robust enough to handle. One of the few things that HD does right is over sized wiring.

wire in a relay to bypass those issues on a sport bike.

On the heavy cruisers that don't care about weight savings, the wiring is usually more than robust enough to handle. One of the few things that HD does right is over sized wiring.

With sport bike some time it to later to put a relay in just use a 35W all plug and play no relay