Buckeye Firearms Assoction

Pokey

Too bad that a forum dedicated to gun enthusiasts and helping to fix/solve gun carry rights and ownership here in OHIO.......has a bunch of one track minded robot sheeple.:rolleyes: Heaven forbid anyone "like me" who gives their opinion and viewpoint on a thread started about carry rights for "everyone". I wasnt expecting flat out rudeness and site post whores to pretty much call me a leftwing liberal. I am far from that "not that there is anything wrong with being a liberal minded person", but basically a gang of site regulars who like to spew their beliefs and close minded rights, and to hell with ya if you don't see things their way. I have been in this state my whole life, and will probably be a Buckeye boy for life. I have been shooting and hunting since I was probably 8 years old "almost 40 now":D and was expecting better from my own state brethern. Allot of good has come from that site and its members, but piss on the ones that are close minded fools!!:mad:

Edited by Pokey

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is........I think I start getting my ass handed to me at about page 8. I am a member of USA conceal carry, they are a very well rounded site that looks at everyone's point of view and opinions......I expected better from OHIO boys.

http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11495

Edited by Pokey

I have yet to find a gun related site with the ability to discuss gun rights with any amount of intelligent thought. There is a lot of good information to be gleaned from them but for discussion they suck. To be fair their missions don't usually include the free flow of thought, it is about furthering their agenda. I'm good with that and don't expect them to be my source for a discussion with discourse.

I am not going to go back and read your thread unless we make this one interesting. Why don’t you post up your thoughts that didn’t go your way over there? Don’t be surprised if things don’t go your way if you are wrong and expect to be told so if you are. This site is moderated too much but not anywhere close to as much as the gun sites are.

There is nothing wrong with being liberal has me thinking that you shouldn’t expect to like most of my replies.

I have yet to find a gun related site with the ability to discuss gun rights with any amount of intelligent thought. There is a lot of good information to be gleaned from them but for discussion they suck. To be fair their missions don't usually include the free flow of thought, it is about furthering their agenda. I'm good with that and don't expect them to be my source for a discussion with discourse.

I am not going to go back and read your thread unless we make this one interesting. Why don’t you post up your thoughts that didn’t go your way over there? Don’t be surprised if things don’t go your way if you are wrong and expect to be told so if you are. This site is moderated too much but not anywhere close to as much as the gun sites are.

There is nothing wrong with being liberal has me thinking that you shouldn’t expect to like most of my replies.

Nah I am sure I will/would be more than fine with them, because I am not a liberal.;) I just try real hard to understand where people are coming from, and try to be respectful and understanding as much as possible. Go to page 8 and see where I give my viewpoint, I was already pissed from reading all of that thread up to that point. I have been a member of the site since last December, and if you browse around the site a bit, it is obvious that disagreeing with the collective on almost anything makes you exiled.

I have never been on the Buckeye Firearms site but I imagine it is similar to the OFCC site. I have looked around that site and couldn't join in any of the discussions because of too many restrictions. Like I stated earlier it is a great site for information but if it's a discussion you are looking for it's a very poor source for it.

A good site for discussion doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with you and I don't mind at all being told I'm wrong in someone else’s opinion. I usually have a decent understanding of an issue if I’m making my take of it public, if not I’ll ask what are the facts I need to know if I haven’t formed an opinion. This is the internet and nothing is being solved by discussing issues. It may help to solidify or weaken your thoughts on an issue but nothing is getting solved. If I call you an idiot for your beliefs it doesn’t make it a fact so why get bent out of shape if others disagree with you?

I hate to tell you, but just reading page 8, you drew first blood. As soon as disagreement was evident, you started name-calling. You would draw similar debate here with helmet laws. People are passionate about freedom.

So' date=' what's wrong with our gun ownership/carry rights in Ohio, beside the fact that we're already too restricted?[/quote']

To allow everyone no matter what their experience or exposure to firearms and firearm safety to be able to legally carry, doesn't sit well with me. Other than that I agree 100% on the stupid gun laws put into place for those of us that are certified to carry. Granted being certified for a CHL doesn't mean you are special and qualified either, but at least it is a step in the right direction for many who had no prior knowledge or experience prior to the certification class.

To allow everyone no matter what their experience or exposure to firearms and firearm safety to be able to legally carry, doesn't sit well with me. Other than that I agree 100% on the stupid gun laws put into place for those of us that are certified to carry. Granted being certified for a CHL doesn't mean you are special and qualified either, but at least it is a step in the right direction for many who had no prior knowledge or experience prior to the certification class.

So you are against constitutional carry?

I hate to tell you, but just reading page 8, you drew first blood. As soon as disagreement was evident, you started name-calling. You would draw similar debate here with helmet laws. People are passionate about freedom.

Yeah I went back and edited a few things, I reckon it was a build up effect from reading many other similar threads. I was called out first IMHO, but I did get a bit pissy not long after that.

Slippery slope to allow only certain classes the right to self-defense.

So you are against constitutional carry?

Not completely no, there just needs to be a way to ensure those that are carrying, have all the experience and training needed to do so safely for them and others around.

Ok. Then go a little further for me. I'd like to see numbers that show how more restrictions lowers crime or accidental death. I'd also like to know exactly how one goes about making sure CCW classes are being taught as they should be. Trust me.. I've heard some horror stories. The "illusion of safety doesn't equal safety" doesn't just apply to airport security.

Make sure the numbers are reliable. You're about to enter a firearms debate with an Ohioan that doesn't agree with barring felons from carrying firearms. ;)

I dont agree with totally barring either, especially depending on the felony and the situation.;)

I read from your post on page 8 (reproduced below for those that are lazy) just onto the next page and it seemed like a reasonable discussion between you and Joe Sixpack with a few people posting purposely abrasive viewpoints directly conflicting and pointing at you. Seems like a standard internet discussion. Maybe joe wasn't perfectly polite, but as soon as you called EVERYONE out it just started in a shit storm going your way. You both have good points; no, I do not want inexperienced people handling loaded firearms around me, but what is "inexperienced". There are plenty of people that would be considered "experienced" whom I still don't want handling firearms around me because they still seem dangerous.

If you are gonna carry, you must have experience and training. Too much of a responsibility for Joe Q Public to be able to carry at his/her convenience without any proof of training, firearm knowledge, and knowing the laws. Just because a person may have "the right" to do something, doesnt necessarily mean it is a good idea to allow them to do so. Not everyone has grown up around guns and hunting like many of us have, the last thing I want in public are folks carrying that have no experience or common sense with firearms. There are other means of warding off an attacker "mace, pepper-spray, tazer", so let those be the only options unless there is formal training involved. I would bet that for the folks that couldnt afford a training class or other means of verification, that many qualified instructors would offer that service for free. There are ways of doing this the "right way", to ensure all who want to carry can safely do so for them and us around them.

Ok. Tell me how that's done' date=' without infringing on the rights of anyone else.[/quote']

It is being done now, because there is no constitutional carry. The system for sure isnt perfect and it never will be, what our founding fathers tried to lay out for us was a great plan on paper and for the most part works very well. The right to bear arms especially in public is a touchy subject, I feel an armed society is a polite society but folks doing so need to be educated and experienced is all. All ready too many folks on the roads that can't drive, now imagine if they all had guns too!!!!!!:eek::D

To allow everyone no matter what their experience or exposure to firearms and firearm safety to be able to legally carry, doesn't sit well with me.

Now I understand why they called you a dumb fuck liberal. If you want to put that regulation on yourself go right ahead, if you think that makes you better than others. Stay the hell away from my family with your liberal ideas of regulating their ability to protect themselves. If they are careless and harm others without cause punish them but don't assume to know their level of competency based on an arbitrary skills test. How would you like it if you fell below the level of competency for a skills test and had your ability to protect you and your family taken away? Believe me I can find people who think your skills with a firearm are woefully inadequate.

You're about to enter a firearms debate with an Ohioan that doesn't agree with barring felons from carrying firearms. ;)

I find that to be a stupid regulation as well.

I read from your post on page 8 (reproduced below for those that are lazy) just onto the next page and it seemed like a reasonable discussion between you and Joe Sixpack with a few people posting purposely abrasive viewpoints directly conflicting and pointing at you. Seems like a standard internet discussion. Maybe joe wasn't perfectly polite, but as soon as you called EVERYONE out it just started in a shit storm going your way. You both have good points; no, I do not want inexperienced people handling loaded firearms around me, but what is "inexperienced". There are plenty of people that would be considered "experienced" whom I still don't want handling firearms around me because they still seem dangerous.

Yeah and that is what set me off, and I normally don't get that way. I have pretty thick skin, but the herd mentality over there is strong........trust me. Many other examples of threads over there where there is strong bias, and lookout to anyone that tries to start having a reasonable debate. I got warned by the mod over there in a PM, I apologized and said I will not continue to push my obvious agenda.:rolleyes: I bet no other warnings were given, even though I was pretty much called out first.