Border Patrol?

IN_NO_OH

So, I've seen a border patrol truck up on Rt. 6 and Rt. 2 near Sandusky recently. Once, I saw this unit participating in some traffic stop on Rt. 2 wtih OSP.

A few weeks back, I saw this truck (I assume it was the same one) hanging around the 80/90 interchange in Elyria. I did a double-take there-- Border Patrol in Elyria, OH?

I've never seen a border patrol vehicle operating in OH until just a few months ago. I wonder if this is to do with picking up illegal Mexican or Central American immigrants, Canadians swimming across the lake, or something else...

It's either canadians or the American racist.

Not following you, there, Ohdaho.

"Canadians swimming" was just meant to express my puzzlement as to why BP would be hanging around the lake shore so far from a border. Nothing meant with regard to Canucks...

They mainly stay up around the port Clinton / sandusky area. There is a huge influx of people ( about 1 mil) in the summer time. They do a lot of random searches on boats coming from the islands and canada.
No, there is a ton of forgeiners( mainly eastern European) that come over to work at cedar point or the bars on put-in-bay.

this and this

My awesome captaining skills at the age of 14 got stopped by a coast guard boat manned with border patrol agents. We got a double whammy search and inspection

yeah, +2 on the boat thing.

nautical authorities seem to be uber-douches on a lot of stuff... If they're looking for illegal drugs, then that's certainly different than hassling me about the fact that I didn't buy a fishing license, or fining my friends $1,500 because their rescue flotation device wasn't hanging properly.

A couple of buddies and I rode up to Sandusky this past weekend and we seen a border patrol SUV out in front of big O's bar and grill around 1am in the morning. I thought it was strange that they would be out and in the middle of Sandusky at the time.