Need suggestion on Bike Ratchet Tiedown for R6

DJMisha

First time transporting a bike on the pick up truck with 6 ft bed.

What's the best Bike Ratchet Tiedown kit and where can I buy it?

I see bunch available from bike shops but they're probably overinflated, can I buy something from stores like Walmart?

Thanks in advance guys!

get a Canyon Dancer II bar harness

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/76/13223/ITEM/Canyon-Dancer-Bar-Harness-II.aspx

Then just get 4 ratchet straps....do 2 for the bar harness and 2 coming of the rear pegs. Its pretty much how I've done every bike I've ever transported via trailer or truck. If you need help let me know since I'm right down the street

how often are you going to be transporting?

canyon dancer is probably more $$ than it's worth if this is a one-time deal.

I have "soft-ties" that wrap around fork tubes and a set of 10' straps you can borrow.

But yes, Walmart brand straps are fine. The only 'feature" i would look for (or add) is clipping hooks so that they can't fall off if the suspension compresses and the straps go slack for a moment.

I have a wheel-chock you can borrow too. You'd just need to mount it on a piece of plywood that's around 1' x the width of your truck bed. that will keep the front wheel straight, and prevent it from sliding out from under itself (unlikely, but possible.)

I work at Brecksville rd. & Pleasant Valley. I can bring any and all of that stuff to work any day this week and meet you at lunch, or after work.

how often are you going to be transporting?

canyon dancer is probably more $$ than it's worth if this is a one-time deal.

I have "soft-ties" that wrap around fork tubes and a set of 10' straps you can borrow.

But yes, Walmart brand straps are fine. The only 'feature" i would look for (or add) is clipping hooks so that they can't fall off if the suspension compresses and the straps go slack for a moment.

I have a wheel-chock you can borrow too. You'd just need to mount it on a piece of plywood that's around 1' x the width of your truck bed. that will keep the front wheel straight, and prevent it from sliding out from under itself (unlikely, but possible.)

I work at Brecksville rd. & Pleasant Valley. I can bring any and all of that stuff to work any day this week and meet you at lunch, or after work.

Dude, you're 2 mins away from my house. I am on Riverview.

It'd be awesome if I can borrow for MotoGP, as it would be a one time deal.

PM or FB me

https://www.facebook.com/misha.troshin

get a Canyon Dancer II bar harness

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/76/13223/ITEM/Canyon-Dancer-Bar-Harness-II.aspx

Then just get 4 ratchet straps....do 2 for the bar harness and 2 coming of the rear pegs. Its pretty much how I've done every bike I've ever transported via trailer or truck. If you need help let me know since I'm right down the street

Thanks bro.

I am still down with a flat rear tire so I'll be hauling R6 and my boy's ZX10R to MotoGP.

He's coming down next Tuesday, may be I'll just change the rear at the dealer on Monday but I can't transport it till he comes.

Do you have a van or a truck?

It'd be kinda cool to ride on Tuesday night, then I am having a lil barbecue night, you're welcome to hang out with us.

Not sure if you were directing that at Bad, or me, but I have a trailer. Before that, I had a ranger.

won't need my ramp until the end of the month to load up for racing 9/3.

We have a ramp but tie downs would be sweet.

I"ll be gone for MotoGP from 8/24-8/28