Feeler: 9/11/11 Headed South for 4 or 5 days

2talltim

I have this week off work all of my riding buddies can't go for one reason or another. I would like to head south for 4 to 5 days, maybe in eastern Tennessee/western NC mountians,the snake,blue ridge pky, maybe every go as far as deals gap. Im game into either spliting a room, or even camp along the way. I want to do this but I have reservations about going by myself due to safty reasons, and it would be more fun with a buddie. Id like to avoid freeways, but may jump on one for short spells. Anyone is open to join if I decide to do this regardless of your experience or type of bike, im a very patient rider and I don't plan on riding real hard on this trip, just make sure your ride is in good mechanical order. So speak out or PM me if you interested, ill be mapping a route sometime in the next week

Edited by 2talltim

Yup. I think we are going down on thursday.

i can try but im going to say its a slim to non chance...they only let 10% of the work force off on vacation at once and holiday weeks are almost always full...ill ask tho..i could leave friday morning but that would be a day short and on no sleep

Max, Gump, and I are going down Sept 8-11.

what are your plans..where r u staying?...r u trailering or rideing?..what days r u doing what?...you cam PM me if you dont want this public info..and ill see if i can make anything happen

if i cant go with the group..and i doubt i will be able to... here is a route im thinking of doing...twisties all the way down and semi slabbin it on the way back just a little over 1000 miles from my crib... http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=County+Rd+5%2FOld+Mansfield+Rd&daddr=OH-586+S%2FBlackrun+Rd+to:OH-555+S+to:OH-32+W%2FOH-7+S%2FUS-50+W%2FJames+A.+Rhodes+Appalachian+Hwy+to:W+Virginia+68+N+to:W+Virginia+34+S%2FWade+Chapel+Rd+to:W+Virginia+10+S%2FRiverview+Ave+to:VA-16+S%2FB+F+Buchannan+Hwy+to:VA-16+S%2FB+F+Buchanan+Hwy%2FTroutdale+Hwy+to:US-58+W%2FJeb+Stuart+Hwy+to:Co+Rd+677%2FWatauga+Rd+to:TN-34+N%2FTN-34+Scenic+N%2FUS-421+S%2FUS-421+Scenic+S+to:TN-67+W+to:TN-159+E%2FUS-321+S+to:US-221+S%2FUS-321+S%2FJames+E+Holshouser+Jr+Hwy+to:Blue+Ridge+Pkwy+to:Blue+Ridge+Pkwy+to:Blue+Ridge+Pkwy+to:N+Carolina+128+N+to:Stockton+Rd+to:US-23+N%2FOrby+Cantrell+Hwy+to:US-23+N+to:OH-37+W%2FLancaster-Newark+Rd+NE+to:S+Main+St&hl=en&ll=40.524239,-82.591095&spn=0.436342,0.878906&sll=40.523195,-82.591095&sspn=0.436349,0.878906&geocode=FfDZaQId11wV-w%3BFe9XYwIdt2Aa-w%3BFUD9YAIdErMc-w%3BFcI-VwIdmnsh-w%3BFbclVAId1ygg-w%3BFXi2TAIdoDUg-w%3BFazORgIdmuIZ-w%3BFXO1NAId_iMk-w%3BFWjkLgIdRBMm-w%3BFXZYLwIdohgi-w%3BFVp5LwId1k0d-w%3BFeLgLQId-FUc-w%3BFfY7KwIdJjod-w%3BFea0KQIdfnsd-w%3BFbCKJwIdeOgh-w%3BFddRJwIdRJQg-w%3BFTLZJgIdoq8f-w%3BFZhVJAIdJGQd-w%3BFfGvIQIdU58Y-w%3BFfgBIgIdhI8U-w%3BFa62NAIdksgT-w%3BFWyKUAId5cMN-w%3BFXTyXgIdLwUU-w%3BFfivaQId4nwU-w&mra=mi&mrsp=23&sz=10&vpsrc=0&z=10

Edited by 2talltim

That looks like a pretty nice route. How many days are you planning to do that?

i was thinking 3 days down and 1 day back, allowing one extra day incase of weather or anything unforseen...so 4 or 5 day trip