Used Bike advice for beginner

NinjaDoc

Well, if you read the add it also says' it starts but won't stay running. So in my mind I calculated a likelyhood of at most $300 repair at a good shop and $1000 for gas to get it plus bike to be a $1300 learner bike. That's a cheap learner bike in my book.:rolleyes:

So I'll stop trying to help now, I can tell when I'm not wanted.:(

its all good buildit, you were helpful thats all that matters. I was just mentioning i have no clue what to do with a bike if it stops on me

i went for my bike brand new inspite of shortage of cash just coz i am worried about hiccups

its all good buildit, you were helpful thats all that matters. I was just mentioning i have no clue what to do with a bike if it stops on me

i went for my bike brand new inspite of shortage of cash just coz i am worried about hiccups

Hiccups happen even on new bikes. If you can make some friends up your way with those who know MC mechanics and repair. It's worth the time to learn about that thing between your legs pushing you along for many reasons. I'm no expert, just a back yard fool with tools, so I've tried to learn from those who know. In doing so I have made myself a better rider, my bike safer and my rides more enjoyable. :)

yeah, I wish I had money to blow.

I'd offer the guy $700, and buy it for $850.

Then sell all the plastics on ebay (figure $400 total, maybe?), and rat the hell out of it. You're not going to look cool on a lime-green '02 EX250 anyway, so why try to keep it "nice?"

Streetfighter it, and ride the piss out of it until it dies. You've got a $450 bike that that's dead-nuts reliable, and you can let your friends learn on and not care if they drop it.

Erie, P.A., a red '07 250 for 1900.

That means you could get it for less ;)

http://erie.craigslist.org/mcy/2562579626.html

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. Just under 5k miles. It has been serviced regularly and is in great condition. Body looks new. Just had the oil changed, carbs cleaned and adjusted, plugs changed, chain lubed, and fluids filled. Will need new tires for inspection - can find for $50/tire. Everything else is ready to go.

Asking $1900. There is a lein on the title but I can have the title in hand in 1 business day.

Any questions please email. NO SPAM AND NO TRADES!

edit: Don't know the guy or anything, was just browsing bikes and saw a good deal :)