Smock Construction - new services, and a couple recent pics

Steve Butters

We have a crew together for doing roofs now! If anyone is looking to have their roof redone we will be able to get you taken care of.

We are also a licensed sewage treatment installer - we can install septic systems and leach fields etc now

My sig is kind of brief, so heres a run down of some services we offer:

concrete

block foundation work

pavers, flagstone, etc

water lines (we can even run some of these now without tearing up the yard)

sewer lines

sewer snake services

yard drains and gutters

sump pump replacement and new installs

and now we are doing roofs

Almost anything you need we can get done.

We are licensed and insured for concrete, water, sewer, and general contracting. We also have a plumber we work closely with, and an electrician. The owners cousin runs a deck company as well and he puts out decks of only the highest quality.

Need a big project done, such as a room addition or full house make-over? We do occasional sub-contracting work for an award winning home improvement company and can get you with them for all your big home make-over needs.

Here's a couple pics from some recent jobs. I'm horrible at remembering to take pictures before and after, these are the couple jobs where i somehow remembered :lol:

003.jpg

014.jpg

001.jpg

012.jpg

021.jpg

026.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

045.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

• 1 month later...
I did poured walls, driveways, sidewalks, basement floors, etc... for about 10 months when I was home from college. I loved it at the time. Good job work looks good.

Thanks! It's definitely hard work, but it feels good at the end of the day when you get to see stuff come together.

• 1 month later...

update! winter is coming - get your water and sewer lines taken care of!

heres a house were working at - replaced the water line this week, and next week we are doing the sewer...i love water lines, theyre not very deep....the sewer at this place is twice as deep!

notice the sharp curve the old line takes...not sure why they ran it like that....when we ran the new line we abandoned the old one and ran a new ditch...couldnt run straight into house because of a 100' tall silver maple, but we got rid of the huge curve the old line takes, we have a large more gradual curve around the tree

old line at the shut-off

IMG_20111201_133606.jpg

old line at the house

IMG_20111201_133539.jpg

new line

IMG_20111201_144848.jpg

IMG_20111201_144710.jpg

sleeved and going into house

IMG_20111201_172421.jpg

IMG_20111201_174205.jpg

on an unrelated note - heres a retaining wall we have been working on...house sits on alum creek on a steep cliff type of yard, building 4 walls up the side of the hill in his back yard to help hold the dirt so his house doesnt slide down the hill....his old walls are blowing out from pressure so we're building him some heavy duty walls with hold back ..these are set down in the ground, and have a massive amount of gravel behind them to prevent pressure from building up on them since gravel doesnt hold pressure like dirt does

IMG_20111118_160825.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

new water line or new sewer? and it depends on the length of the line - i dont want to post any prices without seeing it, because certain things affect it such as if you have a large tree in the way, or if its in a spot we cant get our machine, etc

we cover central ohio, columbus area mainly...but can possibly work elsewhere if the job is right

we can do roofs!

what do you mean concrete the top of it? like, pour concrete in the crawl space so youre not crawling around on gravel? if so - we can do that also

Yes this exactly. I totally forgot but I will need steps/patio done in spring. If you guys are good/cheap I'll probably give you a lot of work next year lol

If you get some down time and want to complete a couple small projects of mine (actually the wife wants them done) get a hold of me. She wants to make a couple closets upstairs in the kids rooms. One will be in the attic, and the other will be in a nook area in the other room. I need someone to frame it, drywall it, and put in the door. I had doing that stuff!!!