Polished Plastics and Painted exhaust *pics*

Josh1234

Did a lil work on the bike yesterday... Stepdad was helping, so I don't have full picture documentation.

We pulled off the exhaust to paint, and also polished the plastics to make them a bit more shiny and show less oxidation.

Part 1 was here:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=81068

The exhaust pulled off... A Bit o'rust!

pnp1.jpg

Here's what my bike looks like with no seat. yeah.

pnp2.jpg

Here's the front fender, nice and dirty and with oxidation. Pre-polishing. Oh, and that's not a dent, it's a reflection of the headlight, I think :)

pnp3.jpg

The tank cover, after being polished.

pnp4.jpg

The exhaust, being rattle-canned in the back yard :)

pnp5.jpg

A Close-up of the exhaust.

pnp6.jpg

Here's what a blast looks like with no flyscreen.

pnp7.jpg

The "All done" shot... Nice black exhaust, now, and shiny.

pnp8.jpg

Another side shot, without the awkward handle-bar angle that I don't like.

pnp9.jpg

Another $9 for high-temp exhaust header paint, and about $10 for the appropriate gasket from e-bay. Screaming eagle brand.

For under $20, a nice improvement.

Looks good you cleaning it up for a quicker sale? Or just to make it look better. Either way looks almost new now.

One can only hope I find a buyer, but I'm not going all out just yet. Come spring I likely will, though... and if I get an offer before then, she's gone...

I'm ready to move up to a bigger bike, just can't justify buying one right now since I'm unemployed :p So I'm offering a lot of trades, actually, LOL.

I didn't know you were out of work, they were hiring at my work in euclid we just got 6 new guys in the last two weeks..

What do you do? Something will come along for me sooner or later. Until then... I'm a bum!

That's an enourmous exhaust for such a small motor. Looks better.

No way, man, I ride a beast! I actually really like how it's not just an undertail, but under the whole bike. Nice and out-of-the-way.