New gun thoughts

Jst2fst

I understand the learning to shoot point, but with a properly sighted rifle, there isnt much to learn when it comes to short distance shooting like with a .22 or a .17 is there? Ive fired a total of under 200 rounds through a rifle, and while im not an expert marksman, i put bullets in the same hole consistently with my .17hmr i had

With a 17. Its a different story with a 22. The bullet is slower therefore it spends more time in the barrel and there is more needed for better follow thru and fundamentals.

Having the best gun and most expensive scope means nothing if you don't have the good shooting habits to put a good shot together.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a 17. Its a different story with a 22. The bullet is slower therefore it spends more time in the barrel and there is more needed for better follow thru and fundamentals.

Having the best gun and most expensive scope means nothing if you don't have the good shooting habits to put a good shot together.

this makes sense.

ive never shot a 22 rifle, only .223 and .17hmr

My son has the above .22lr/20ga combo in youth size. For the money it is a great starter gun package. they also offer the same combo in adult sizes. they also off a trifecta combo of .22lr, 20ga,.243. I can give you my review on the youth model. It is a semi accurate gun for it's price. I can shoot quarter sized 10 shot groups at 50 yards with a $32 bushnell 4x scope on my sons gun. The shotgun kicks like a mule, has a modified choke with 18 inch barrel so it groups like a pepper shaker. Fun to shoot and VERY easy to clean. Keep in mind this is a breach load rifle so one shot at a time. I looked at the full sized version with redkow and they seem to be well built. The full size also has a solid stock which would help with the shotgun kick. And also come with a 26 inch shotgun barrel, so they would pattern much tighter.

As a side not you can't go wrong with a 10/22 either. And seriously does anyone on this site(besides redkow LOL) have only one gun? It is a start you could always buy moar guns later.

<<does anyone on this site(besides redkow LOL) have only one gun?>>

It is all Speedy's fault that i ended up getting my Marlin 795 semi-auto 22 long rifle AFTER I just bought my Savage 22 long rifle bolt action rifle.

Speedy showed me how cool the semi-auto 22 platform was.

I ended up buying a $90 Centerpoint scope for my $99 Marlin 22 rifle.