$289.00 Cardo Scala Rider G4 Powerset Motorcycle Communication System

RidersDiscount

Get a Scala G4 Powerset for $289 shipped to any address in the lower 48 states! That’s $200 off retail!

The Scala Rider G4 Motorcycle Headset is the latest intercom system from Cardo Communication Systems. The G4 allows up to one mile of voice-activated bike-to-bike communication between two bikes with passengers or three separate riders. The device also works with your mobile phone to receive incoming calls with either the touch of a button or by voice command. You can even receive audible instructions from your GPS system or listen to an MP3 player via Bluetooth technology too! The built-in FM tuner permits you to listen to the radio, which is especially nice on longer rides. You can expect ten hours of talk time or one week of standby on a single charge.

The device fits to most helmets without permanent modification by a simple clamping mechanism. Dual low-profile speakers are Velcro-backed to stay in place within your helmet and a noise-canceling microphone boom is adjustable so you can position it exactly where you need. The narrow wires are easily hidden behind a helmet’s comfort liner and stay out of the way. Velcro pads are also included for installing the system on helmets that are less-than-suitable for the standard G4 Powerset attachment scheme.

Each Scala Rider G4 Powerset comes out of the box with two communicators as a pre-matched pair, all you have to do is charge it and you’re ready to ride!

You can read more about these on our website but you gotta call Mike at 866.931.6644 ext 804 to get these at this killer price! If you have any questions, please feel free to send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with SCALA G4 POWERSET in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Two communicators are shipped with each Powerset system!

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-16.jpg

The G4 Powerset comes in a nifty box that has everything you need for a simple installation into two separate helmets.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-2.jpg

This is one half of what’s in the box: charger, USB cable, communicator, mounting pads, MP3/mobile phone jack, wipes and even a spare boom cover.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-3.jpg

A minimalist design is what’s attached to your helmet. For better performance, the microphone boom has a colored tab on it to denote which side should face your mouth.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-6.jpg

This is the heart of the G4 system. Simple buttons are easy to feel with a gloved hand.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-5.jpg

A USB connector is built-in for charging and easy firmware updates.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-7.jpg

Convenient carrying pouch protects your communication device when it’s not on your helmet.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-9.jpg

Sold as a pre-matched pair, all you have to do is install the bases on your helmets, charge the communicators and you’re ready to go!

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-8.jpg

Edited by RidersDiscount
  • Upvote 1

Installing the two communicators included with the Scala G4 Powerset listed above is a quick and simple task. Each kit gives you the option of either clamping the communicator bases to your helmets or, you can use the included sticky pads for helmets that don’t have any space between the cheek pad and the shell. Here, we installed a Scala Powerset on a pair of HJC RPS-10 Ben Spies Monster Replica Helmets using the clamp mechanism. As you can see, routing the wires behind the comfort liner makes for a clean installation.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-14.jpg

The noise-canceling microphone’s boom can be bent for a perfect position in front of the rider’s mouth.

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-15.jpg

After about fifteen minutes of work (we were taking our time here!), the Powerset’s pre-matched pair is ready to go!

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-13.jpg

For those of you with open-faced helmets, the Scala system works there too!

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-11.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After a few weeks of riding with a G4 as part of the regular riding kit, we’ve noticed a few things. First, the temperament of your passenger is critical to effective use of the device. If you have an onboard “nag-igator,” it may be best to leave the second of the matched pair at home, lend it to a fellow rider or just forget to charge it! We did, however, find the device very useful for riding with a friend as sticking together was easy, especially when the faster rider would get a few corners ahead. And when one rider knew the area well, it was easy to decide when and where to find fuel or chow without having to stop at the roadside. Headphones are loud enough for effective communication on the move and the voice-activated microphone was surprisingly clear and effective. Taking calls was nice, though it did feel a bit strange to be blabbing on the phone while riding a bike! But the best part was having a soundtrack along for the ride with the MP3 connectivity feature.

Scala G4 PowerSets are in stock and shipping every day at RidersDiscount.com Everything you need to enjoy your time on the road with friends is in this box!

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-1.jpg

If I wasn't married, I would be your best customer. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Pm3tN-aGE&feature=related Santa is comming;). Just tell your Wife how cool it woul be talk to each other when out together on a ride:D. This thing is pretty cool:cool:.

How long is this deal going on? How's your stock look on these? Might pick this up for a Xmas gift, for the both of us.

Still have decent stock.

Ok, considering this alot, but when I googled it your $310 price seems to about the same as many other places are offering.

Last time I checked I was cheapest but not always the case on everything. This pricing for the powerset (2 G4 units) is very competitive with a $489.95 retail.

How is the sound quality at highway speeds?

I got one last Christmas and use it every day. I have never listened to a call from my helmet, but the sound quality in the helmet is excellent. My wife as well as everyone else that I talk to from my bike say that you can't hear wind or bike noise at all (can't see how that is possible, but can't dispute it either). It is a great piece!

I got one last Christmas and use it every day. I have never listened to a call from my helmet, but the sound quality in the helmet is excellent. My wife as well as everyone else that I talk to from my bike say that you can't hear wind or bike noise at all (can't see how that is possible, but can't dispute it either). It is a great piece!

Thanks for the feedback!

i was always looking for some thing like this, but the cost is kinda too much for me at this time ... but willing to shed the dough if this is as good as they say...

would the conversation be clear even on high speed with megaphone exhaust and bad helmet (lot of wind noise) ... coz i was only able to listen to head phones which are ear bud shaped.

Any bigger sized ear peice was not able to wear on the tight fitting helmet, how to cramp this in there without it riding up to the top of head when we start wearing the helmet.

I have never listened to a call from my helmet, but the sound quality in the helmet is excellent. My wife as well as everyone else that I talk to from my bike say that you can't hear wind or bike noise at all (can't see how that is possible, but can't dispute it either). It is a great piece!

Have wanted on of these, but I dont see how this is possible either. Lots of wind noise in (any of my three) helmets. Seems impossible anyone would be able to hear me at speed.

After a few weeks of riding with a G4 as part of the regular riding kit, we’ve noticed a few things. First, the temperament of your passenger is critical to effective use of the device. If you have an onboard “nag-igator,” it may be best to leave the second of the matched pair at home, lend it to a fellow rider or just forget to charge it! We did, however, find the device very useful for riding with a friend as sticking together was easy, especially when the faster rider would get a few corners ahead. And when one rider knew the area well, it was easy to decide when and where to find fuel or chow without having to stop at the roadside. Headphones are loud enough for effective communication on the move and the voice-activated microphone was surprisingly clear and effective. Taking calls was nice, though it did feel a bit strange to be blabbing on the phone while riding a bike! But the best part was having a soundtrack along for the ride with the MP3 connectivity feature.

Scala G4 PowerSets are in stock and shipping every day at RidersDiscount.com Everything you need to enjoy your time on the road with friends is in this box!

cardo_scala_g4_powerset-1.jpg

I dont need this for rider to rider communication. Would only use it for mp3, fm, and phone calls. Can you get a kit without only one headset?

Have wanted on of these, but I dont see how this is possible either. Lots of wind noise in (any of my three) helmets. Seems impossible anyone would be able to hear me at speed.

I don't have the answer on that one. All I know is what I have been told by multiple people I have talked to on the phone. I have mine mounted on a Scorpion EXO 1000.