Swapper's Day 3 Sept-5 Sept

chevysoldier

WHAT IS SWAPPER’S DAY?

One of the oldest, largest, most exciting flea markets in central Ohio! This is our 67th year!

WHEN?

Saturday, September 3 - Monday, September 5, 2011

7 am - 7pm

WHERE?

Johnstown Community Sportsman's Club

7357 Sportsmanclub Road

Johnstown, Ohio 43031

Parking & shuttle – FREE

Kids 12 and under are FREE! Your admission donation of $5.00 ushers you into a world of extraordinary shopping, exciting dog races across our beautiful lake, and more food than you can possibly imagine!

WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE MONEY?

The Johnstown Community Sportsman’s Club is a 501-c-7 non-profit organization. The JCSC supports many local charities, including scholarships for local high school seniors, local food pantries, US troops on active duty, local families in need, and a number of hunting education, hunting experience and fishing events for local youth.'

Do you love flea markets? Love to look for bargains? Need some new lawn furniture, some old tools, a new set of dishes, an antique lamp…you’ll probably find many to choose from!

Here are a few examples…

• All kinds of leather, from purses to holsters to saddles

• Antiques – beyond description

• Toys – new and used

• Handmade crafts of every kind

• Wrought iron in many forms

• Collectibles of infinite variety

Firearms, knives and swords

• Jewelry – new and collectible

• T-shirts, socks, jeans and much more

• Salsa, jerky, nuts, candies, Amish-made pies, bread and cookies

• Baskets, baskets, more baskets

• Lawn furniture and décor

• Bicycles, lawn mowers

• You name it, you can probably find one here!!

Bring a truck to haul away your treasures, but LEAVE YOUR PETS AT HOME! They won’t be allowed to shop with you, nor may they stay in the parking area. No Alcohol, No trading in the parking lot.

Events

• Water Races – starting daily at 11:00 a.m.

• Archery Contests

• 700+ Vendor spaces—if you can use it, wear it, watch it sit on it or eat it, you can probably find it for sale here!!

• Blue Grass bands

• Alpaca petting zoo

• Chain saw carving demonstrations

• Lots of drawings for cool stuff

• Vietnam MASH Unit Helicopter on display

• Games of many kinds

• Food, food and more food!

http://www.swappersday.org/Swappers_Day/Home.html

Edited by chevysoldier

Come one Come all, for a Shit load of over priced firearms and stinky amish, with enough money to buy everything.

Truthfully, if you have a browning you want to part with... you can take it there and let it go to a Amish kid for 2-300 more than what you wanted for it. Anything with a browning buckmark... They buy.

Got to go on monday afternoon to find the deals.

When my dad and I were traveling to all the shows and self dealing, he used to stick thousands in my pocket and send me out... I picked up 9 1100's one year and the most I payed was 375 for a crown grade. Just got to keep your eyes peeled and not get distracted.

That would be a fair trade.

I wish some of the "dealers" would have seen it the same way we obviously do. One dealer had a pk380 in his case asking $450 with the walther laser. He asked what I would take for mine and I told him 350 based off of his asking price for the one he already had. He counter offered at 200 :confused:

I kindly declined and then proceeded to "forget" to mention that a kid was stealing a knife. :lol:

See my previous post! I lived in Johnstown for 20 years. Worked swappers with my dad for 12 of those years and always scouted for deals while there. If you try really hard there are deals there. But I have had such a bad taste in my mouth from that place I stopped going.