I'd have to be nuts not to take this trade I just got offered... Right?

Josh1234

I call bullshit!!!! I think I think Josh has the bike in his garage and Mike took the gixxer home. and they dumped the bodies in one of the mall dumpsters.

good call though.. and now you know what to look for in future bike hunting.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this poor bike had some serious damage to it. the case was welded over and all messed up. The other side cover was almost thru the metal. left side fork seal was blown had oil all over the fork. look like he used a blow torch to do his fender chop. There was not a single piece of the body work with out road rash. even both seats were damaged. cut electrical wires all over the bike. This poor bike was major beaten.

Did u guys ask them to join OR so they wear gear next time around

Wise choice Josh,

When we were saying our goodbyes, I held up my helmet to them and said "I know it's a personal decision, but ride safe, guys."

It was too hot to waste any more breath than that :)

• Upvote 1

Wise choice to walk away. There are better deals out there. The nicest bike in the world doesn't do youthe any goodmore if you can't ride it. Jbweld on the case means you should plan on a new engine or trans. If someone tries to sell you a bike or car that "just needs x" then ask yourself why HE didn't fix it and ask for more money.

Good call.

Good choice to walk away.

Since I have one of those early fuel-injected Triumphs myself, with about 90k miles on it and no significant repairs ever needed, I know those bikes are really durable if taken care of. But I also know it can be real difficult or slow getting parts for those Triumphs. Getting one that needs a lot of work could mean losing lots of riding time.

There are other deals out there. Good luck finding one.

hahaha.

i'm glad it wasn't shady. What I've done before is shown up to the meet spot early, and just dropped someone off a few hundred yards away (in a parking lot).

we had a previously determined "call the cops" signal worked out. Less necessary if someone has a concealed carry permit, but it lowers the chance of a shoot out...

hahaha.

i'm glad it wasn't shady. What I've done before is shown up to the meet spot early, and just dropped someone off a few hundred yards away (in a parking lot).

always a fan of the "grassy knoll" method..lol

Ok so on a serious note. I know OR in general is a 2nd amendment happy group.. Which is cool.. Sometimes I wonder though how many people actually take their CC seriously and have formal Tactical training.. Carrying, knowing how to use it, and situational management are all completely different things. Anyone can carry, but how many really have the balls to draw and can manage the situation to avoid drawing.

Sorry for the hijack.. I just couldn't help it.. Just scares me to know how freely some people (not just OR people) are about carrying.

I don't have my CC permit, and even if I did, I would not just carry for the hell of it.

If I didn't feel 100% comfortable carrying a loaded weapon, I wouldn't. In fact, I'd probably carry w/o the gun loaded for a while just to let any dumb mistakes happen without it loaded.

I don't have my CC permit, and even if I did, I would not just carry for the hell of it.

If I didn't feel 100% comfortable carrying a loaded weapon, I wouldn't. In fact, I'd probably carry w/o the gun loaded for a while just to let any dumb mistakes happen without it loaded.

Its better to have it any not need it than to need it and not have it.

I never carry for the hell of it.... I carry for preparedness.