Warning! This is pretty disturbing and graphic!

Kent2406

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure but there might have been two people on that bike????? sad......

watched it a couple more times and it does actually look like there two people on the bike

looked like the rider took most/all of the hit, he left a big red streak, the passenger came up a little above him on the screen and there wasnt any massive carnage in the video - no clue how they looked afterwards though

almost looks like the passenger could have survived that one, but no way the rider did

watched it a couple more times and it does actually look like there two people on the bike

looked like the rider took most/all of the hit, he left a big red streak, the passenger came up a little above him on the screen and there wasnt any massive carnage in the video - no clue how they looked afterwards though

almost looks like the passenger could have survived that one, but no way the rider did

agreed

Part of me is curious, but I hate watch stuff like this...

Personally I think anyone that rides, should see these kinds of videos.

I look at these kind of videos and think to myself....

- why did that happen

- what could have the rider done differently (if anything)

- what can I do to avoid having the same thing happen to me

We learn from our own mistakes as well as the mistakes of others.

You guys have any tips for this? I've had this happen twice over the years but luckily wasn't hurt.

Train yourself to look where you want to go, TURN YOUR HEAD. I practice on interstate on-ramps, take it easy, get close to the outside shoulder, then dive to the inside, fall back out, dive again. Get to the point where you can put the bike in any position in your lane at a moments notice mid corner. Aim for a spot in the road and try to hit it. You never know when you have to make a quick dive to the inside shoulder when you come around a blind corner meeting a car head on. If all you see is that inside shoulder, and not the car coming right at you, your chances of survival are better. I've had close calls, even hugging the inside of a corner i've still had to dive for that tiny strip of pavement to miss a car.

It sounds dumb but the bike will follow your eyes, until grip or lean angle runs out anyway.

Don't be like me and forget the bike you're riding has way less lean angle than your usual rider though... I was doing this the other day on the nighthawk and dove WAY to hard. Big ol' fatty can't lean like my little 350F. Ground the shit out of one of my pegs, oops.

Edited by mgbgt89

We watched graphic movies in nursing class. We are considering graphic training videos at work as well since we just had some one cut through the bone of there pinky with a band saw. Some times its the only way to get a point across. Glad I watched it now I under stand why stay on the inside line in a corner.

Rip to the ride. I hope this will save a life some day!

it looked like they had gear on....that was rider mistake, not a gear issue

agree.

Gear is not an excuse to drive like the road is a race track. The video on this page demonstrates that very well.

full leathers, but the truck turning into the lot never expected a bike to be coming at him doing triple the posted speed limit. Sure the truck "made a left in front of him," but I wouldn't say that the truck driver was at fault there.

agree.

Gear is not an excuse to drive like the road is a race track. The video on this page demonstrates that very well.

full leathers, but the truck turning into the lot never expected a bike to be coming at him doing triple the posted speed limit. Sure the truck "made a left in front of him," but I wouldn't say that the truck driver was at fault there.

im confused.....i didnt see whatever youre talking about, i only saw a head on thing, not a left in front of video

unless thats the second video someone posted in response to me about gear and safety *forget who posted it*....didnt watch it because i was just mentioning that the original video doesnt teach any lesson about gear, that it only involves rider safety

Looks like the rider intentionally rode into the grill of the truck imho. He was way over in the oncoming lane long before impact.

looks like they came into the corner too hot and cut it way too wide into the other lane, and then got target fixation on that truck....im sure they saw the truck before we see the bike in the video

if it was a suicide attempt, i dont think they would have been wearing gear and riding 2-up...it doesnt look like the passenger took much damage at all from the video...i bet they stood right up

im confused.....i didnt see whatever youre talking about, i only saw a head on thing, not a left in front of video

unless thats the second video someone posted in response to me about gear and safety *forget who posted it*....didnt watch it because i was just mentioning that the original video doesnt teach any lesson about gear, that it only involves rider safety

This is the video that someone else posted, and I was referring to regarding gear (skip to 2:45)

http://youtu.be/pN6wICj2JdU

ah i see

in the case of that video - i blame the van....theres no way that guy was paying attention...sure the bike looked like it was going a little fast, but theres no way that guy was paying attention or he would have noticed

i blame the bike too for driving above the speed limit - but honestly, i think that van would have turned either way....just another person not paying attention to their surroundings

I totally disagree. I think the van has every right to expect that oncoming traffic is obeying the speed limit.

It's not easy to judge the speed of a single headlight coming toward you, and I would assume that the rider braked HEAVILY when he saw the van start to turn. It did stop before blocking the entire lane. If the rider was traveling at even CLOSE to the posted limit, he would have been able to slow down, and easily navigate around the van.

The van had its turn signal on WELL in advance. I always expected vehicles to turn in front of me. that whole "ride like you're invisible" thing isn't just a saying.

Edited by redkow97

I totally disagree. I think the van has every right to expect that oncoming traffic is obeying the speed limit.

It's not easy to judge the speed of a single headlight coming toward you, and I would assume that the rider braked HEAVILY when he saw the van start to turn. It did stop before blocking the entire lane. If the rider was traveling at even CLOSE to the posted limit, he would have been able to slow down, and easily navigate around the van.

The van had its turn signal on WELL in advance. I always expected vehicles to turn in front of me. that whole "ride like you're invisible" thing isn't just a saying.

A point someone made about this video on another forum was that the van may have assumed the bike was turning into the lot, since there were so many other bikes there. A lot of times i've had drivers assume i was with another bike, just because we happened to be riding on the same road in the same direction. Last weekend i was following another motorcycle, who made a quick right into a gas station. Since i was behind him, Moron at the helm of a mustang pulled out thinking i was following the first bike. I wasn't. I pulled in the clutch and redlined the bike since i don't have a working horn, and swerved around him after he noticed me.