1994 Honda ST 1100 - Anyone own a similair one?

Green Versys

Anyone have any experience with one of the ST's prior to 2003? I've been looking to add another bike and while the 2011 Kawasaki Concourse is the one I want, the priorities say otherwise. Anyways, I started looking at the Honda's and found a 1994 nearby with 80,000 miles for a good price. Any suggestions on what to look for when looking at one of these? Any known problems that I should be aware of? I've read these are prety bullet-proof bikes but wanted to check to see if there was any good advise out there.

Thanks - Mark

I owned one for a year, and pretty much disliked it more than any bike I've ever owned. It was too heavy, too slow, and had zero character. If you're looking for something to go long distances on the highway, it's pretty good at that. It will handle a twisty road fairly well, but it's not nearly as fun as a lighter bike. I don't know... just didn't work for me. I've also thought about a C14, but I'm not sure about it because of my experience with the ST1100.

I had one for a year too (hit a deer). It is a quiet, comfortable and reliable. If that is what you are looking for, then it is a great bike. If you want something to get the adrenalin going, then you need to find something with a better power to weight ratio.

I could go on a 1 hr ride and not be sore at all and helmets would fit in the hard bags. I liked the bike quite a bit, but it didn't give the "rush" that a sportbike did and I missed that.

A C14 or an FJR would be the best of both worlds, but you have to pay a lot more $$ for either of those. I paid $2,700 for my 93 with 60K miles on it is perfect condition.

A C14 or an FJR would be the best of both worlds, but you have to pay a lot more $$ for either of those. I paid $2,700 for my 93 with 60K miles on it is perfect condition.

That's pretty much my assessment of it as well. Very reliable and comfortable but not nearly as much fun as the C14 or the FJR...but the sub $3k range for a decent sport tour is hard to come by. I figured if I found a good clean one for a decent price it would at least give me an opportunity to try it for little investment. Heck, I can't imagine not being able to sell it in a few years with very little loss.

I'll still have the Versys to do 1up riding for the fun juants ;)

Thanks for the replys everyone!