FS: 2005 Kawasaki Z750s

drew95gt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bump...can't believe I am having this much trouble selling the bike. I have had it on CL like 3 times and EBay 2 times. Is my asking price that far off??? It is a clean low mileage bike with an awesome engine and good ergos...I wouldn't think I would be sitting on it like this. When I sold my old ninja 250 that thing was gone in a few days. $3200 cash and I will let it go btw..any less than that and I might as well hang on until spring when demand is up.

Bumpin' again...relisted on CL for a 4th time. Been on EBay twice, CL 4 times now, and on here for probably a month. Can't believe how hard it has been to sell this bike...it's crazy!!! I don't get it lol. If it doesn't sell this go around I will just winterize it and put it in the garage until spring...which sucks because I wanted to pay off some bills so I could pick up a bike (ZX6R) this winter when prices are down.

Edited by drew95gt

Bumpin' again...relisted on CL for a 4th time. Been on EBay twice, CL 4 times now, and on here for probably a month. Can't believe how hard it has been to sell this bike...it's crazy!!! I don't get it lol. If it doesn't sell this go around I will just winterize it and put it in the garage until spring...which sucks because I wanted to pay off some bills so I could pick up a bike (ZX6R) this winter when prices are down.

I would venture to say that a large percentage of sportbike riders don't have experience on other types of bikes. They have no idea that your back and wrists don't have to ache after a couple hundred miles. That power and comfort aren't mutually exclusive. There are some that have been around the block and choose them for their strengths and I respect that. My choice allows me to enjoy riding as a hobby and a mode of transportation. This isn't me bashing true sportbikes....., I'm simply stating that many riders don't know what they're missing because they jump too quickly into specialized bikes. Good luck with your sale. This is a great bike!

Edited by C-bus

I just think it's funny how quick my old 250 ninja sold and it isn't 1/8th the bike the Z is. The FZ is a great choice too like u said, there is a lot to be said for being all day comfortable. I know what I'm getting into with the sport bike. Worst case scenario, I hate the riding position and flip it in a year and pick up a Z1k or something. I just have never owned a supersport bike like a zx6r so I want to give it a whirl.

I just think it's funny how quick my old 250 ninja sold and it isn't 1/8th the bike the Z is. The FZ is a great choice too like u said, there is a lot to be said for being all day comfortable. I know what I'm getting into with the sport bike. Worst case scenario, I hate the riding position and flip it in a year and pick up a Z1k or something. I just have never owned a supersport bike like a zx6r so I want to give it a whirl.

My post did read like I was directing it at your choice. Sorry about that. My post was meant to be more of a "why the hell aren't people jumping on this?!!!!"

I would venture to say that a large percentage of sportbike riders don't have experience on other types of bikes. They have no idea that your back and wrists don't have to ache after a couple hundred miles. That power and comfort aren't mutually exclusive. There are some that have been around the block and choose them for their strengths and I respect that. My choice allows me to enjoy riding as a hobby and a mode of transportation. This isn't me bashing true sportbikes....., I'm simply stating that many riders don't know what they're missing because they jump too quickly into specialized bikes. Good luck with your sale. This is a great bike!

Friend has a 1st gen FZ1 (that I had to twist his arm to even look at) and he (and everybody else) agree it is probably one of the best all-arounders ever. Lots of power, great handling and all day comfortable.

Of course, we're all fat old men now:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

My post did read like I was directing it at your choice. Sorry about that. My post was meant to be more of a "why the hell aren't people jumping on this?!!!!"

Lol oh I know what u meant, I was just throwing my 2 cents out there. It's all good.

So after reading the posts here I have come to the truth that if it is not a gszxr6rr it is not gonna sell fast on craigslist or flebay. If it were a supersport bike they move fast at a fair price. If it is a sport standard like Drews 750 or my triple and oldschools sport touring bike they move at a much slower pace. All the squids want a supersport , it is gonna take someone looking for your exact bike that will buy it. I have been trying to sell my triple for over two years on and off. If it happens fine if not I will try to get the odometer over 50k next year.

Yep, I think you guys are about right. I can't say much though because my next bike will more than likely be a SS bike...ZX6R if I can find one that I like in my price range.

Ask NinjaDoc to trade... his ZX6R is pretty new, and I think he might want something with more comfort? Never hurts to ask! :)