FS: 2005 Kawasaki Z750s

drew95gt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So right before we are supposed to meet up the guy with the F4i says he wants me to kick in an extra grand in the deal...wtf?? Is it worth it??? The CBR has been dropped (while sitting still) on both sides and scratches on the right side fairing, but not cracked with a few on the engine case. Mine has the same scratches from a tip over but the fairing is not nearly as scratched as his...mine has a very few fine marks not even through the paint. Does this deal sound decent for a 2006 F4i with around 12k miles on it (mine has 8k currently)? He is strictly going by his "research"...basically NADA pricing, which I told him rarely reflects the real world selling price of a bike. I offered to split the difference and give him $500...we will see what he says. What do you guys think???

I'd say HELL no.

He's screwing you. Your bike is not only gorgeous, but EVERY SINGLE review I read of a z750s had stellar things to say about it. The ONLY negative thing I could find was that it was a jack of all trades and excelled at so many things, it was "boring" and didn't specialize in just one.

That bike will fetch your asking price (and then some) if you have the patience to wait until spring.

Then again, if you're dying for a superport, it IS your decision... But don't let the jonesing for a new bike cause you to make a bad decision you'll regret later!

Can YOU live with the fairing damage? Are you sure there are no mechanical issues? Just try and imagine whether or not you'll regret your decision in six months, if you swap.

The typical consumer only has access to very little objective data. That being "said", I'd expect the blue book price differences to be made up with some cash..... unless emotion is involved. If someone really really wants the other bike, reasoning based on data is out the window.

I dunno, if it was a CBR 600RR then maybe I would kick down the extra grand or so...I am having a hard time swallowing paying that much for basically a F4 CBR with FI, I don't care what NADA says. Plus I would have to replace the fairing because I am kind of OCD like that lol. He had the CBR listed at $3500 so in a sense I would be getting rid of mine for $2500...which is just dumb. He flat out told me that mine was priced too high at $3500 and that his was priced below book for a fast sale so that in order to make the deal I would have to make up the difference in book value. I think $3500 is a fair deal for my bike in its condition with only 8k miles on it, and that $3500 is a fair deal for a F4i of any year really that is in fair/good condition. The part that got me fired up is that he waited until right before we were supposed to do the deal to bring this up. This happened once before, I was on vacation and this guy had been bugging me for like 3 weeks about buying my bike as soon as he could get the cash...so he calls me when I am out of town with "Hey I finally got the cash, I want the bike now" to which I explained I was out of town, but that I would come home a few days early to make the deal happen. So I come home early, get everything in order and then he texts me that he didn't want to wait and went out and bought a 919 earlier that day. I was more than a little upset on that one lol.

Edited by drew95gt

Don't do it. I would say goodbye and keep looking/waiting. You said you wanted a SS so why not just wait for one so your getting what you want? Saacattacks 05 636 is a nice bike for 4k so stout could have that for $500 and sell your bike instead of a BTS f4i.

I'd say HELL no.

He's screwing you. Your bike is not only gorgeous, but EVERY SINGLE review I read of a z750s had stellar things to say about it. The ONLY negative thing I could find was that it was a jack of all trades and excelled at so many things, it was "boring" and didn't specialize in just one.

That bike will fetch your asking price (and then some) if you have the patience to wait until spring.

Then again, if you're dying for a superport, it IS your decision... But don't let the jonesing for a new bike cause you to make a bad decision you'll regret later!

Can YOU live with the fairing damage? Are you sure there are no mechanical issues? Just try and imagine whether or not you'll regret your decision in six months, if you swap.

Thanks for the input Josh, nah I am in no hurry to sell. I am kind of thinking the same as you, I would rather hold on to it and sell in the spring than take a loss on it. Only problem is that I will be BUYING in the spring then too...so I will have to pay more for the bike I want. I was kind of wanting to pick up something in the middle of Dec./Jan. when prices are at rock bottom. I would still rather sell than trade anyway, use the cash to pay off a few high interest credit cards and then save some cash/finance another bike in the spring at a lower rate. If that makes sense.

Edited by drew95gt

Don't do it. I would say goodbye and keep looking/waiting. You said you wanted a SS so why not just wait for one so your getting what you want? Saacattacks 05 636 is a nice bike for 4k so stout could have that for $500 and sell your bike instead of a BTS f4i.

That bike is pretty much EXACTLY what I am looking for once mine sells. I wouldn't mind a 600RR like yours either. Both are great bikes.

LOL good point. :p

if there is one thing i'd like to think I know about, its the market on honda sport/sport tourer bikes. Needless to say I have a bit of history in that area as well as the fact I'm in the market for one too :D

oh yeah and the 636 market, I know that fairly decently as well

I was going to argue with you on this' date=' but then I actually researched the Z750. I wasn't aware they were fuel injected. Now I know...

Suspension is lesser quality on the Z, but what bike doesn't get it's suspension binned for better bits, anyway?

Given this new-to-me information, I redact my previous statement... and I'd decline the trade for the Honda.[/quote']

You were probably thinking of the ZR7-S which is a totally different bike. The Z750s is more like a FZ6.

I thought they stopped making the F4i in 2005, when the 600RR got a face-lift and revised fuel injection...

Either way, I agree... The Z is AT LEAST an even trade, with fewer miles on it.

as far as suspension and brakes go, the stock stuff on almost every Japanese bike is "adequate" at best.

The F4i never had inverted forks, so it's probably not much better than the Z... If you wanted to make either bike handle REALLY well, you'd be looking at cartridge kits and aftermarket shocks anyway. Stainless brake lines would probably be all either bike needed to have "good" brakes, but a brembo master cylinder would really be the cat's meow. (yeah, I said that. let's bring it back.)

I wish I was in the market for a street bike. The offers you're getting are just disheartening...

I've had & sold both a 2005 Z750S and a 2005 CBR600F4i. Equal condition and miles the F4i is going to sell for more. This is partly because few people know about the Z, and fewer still have ever seen one.

F4i is the better handling machine. The Z750S is a better all 'rounder. F4i suspension was definitely better than the Z. The Kawi has a stronger motor. The F4i was surprisingly uncomfortable...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...