Cancelled my Netflix

tyler524

Well after being a customer of Netflix for almost four years, I have now canceled my subscription. I had a two bluray at a time subscription and after taking two price increases and the selection of movies lacking, it was time. It was nice until I went from paying $16 a month to $19 a month and then now $24 a month. I know $8 a month is nothing but it is a 50% increase over the past year and the selection has not gotten any better, if anything worse. They are losing Starz at the beginning of the year which only solidifies my decision. Have any of you guys decided to cancel your accounts after all of this? Does anyone have a good solution or suggestion as a replacement? I don't watch a ton of movies and have been just stopping by Blockbuster Express or Redbox if there is something out. I also still go to Family Video on occasion to rent movies.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get rid of cable if I could get Discovery, History, Science Channel, and Speed. Those are basically the only channels that I watch but as far as I am aware of, the only way I can get them is through cable/satellite.

We cancelled the disc too. Keeping the streaming for now, but who knows. Here's the deal - I'd pay $20 a month for streaming with a smile on my face if they streamed EVERYTHING. They have such a weird collection of streamed movies... and they lose Starz soon too, which will make the selection slimmer - mostly TV. I just keep it because it gives me something to watch in the hotels, but if it gets bad I'll find something else to watch on regular TV.

there is no video rental stores left where I live. and to get movies on demand from cable you have to get the expensive package bullshit.

everyone just wants more damn money. I say fuckem all and download torrents.

some of them are blueray quality some are recorded with a video cam in the theaters lol

I have been using nothing but netflix instant and hulu for about 3 months now and I don't think I will ever get cable or satellite back.

since I discovered project free tv, my instant netflix use has taken a large downward fall

Call me old, but I use the library. If you have a local library that is part of Search Ohio or Ohio Link, you can check out items from any member library around the state and have them delivered to your local branch. Free. Library or torrents ftw.

Honestly, I probably would have cancelled my account too, if I were on your plan. I went ahead and dropped down to the streaming only plan though, since that's pretty much all I used over the last two years anyway. I think the only time I bothered to get any DVD's was when the latest season of Dexter was released.

I know my one buddy would just use Red Box. I'm too lazy for that. :D

I had blockbuster online for 4 years and had a killer plan and the price never moved. I would still have it but all of the stores went out of business around me which meant I couldnt take the mail envelopes in to exchange for an in-store rental. I just have the netlix streaming now.....I would cancel this and my cable if it was just me but my gf doesnt turn the tv off

Lyns told me she read that Netflix lost 1' date='000,000 customers due to the increase. Not sure if that's accurate, but apparently their stock hit the basement, too.[/quote']

That's good because they put everyone out of business and then going to try and change what made them successful

Here is a very important PSA about all this.

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/5x48

Really?! The price is not bad at all, still way better than what I was paying a month to go to Blockbuster. And blaming this on NetFlix greed?!?!?! What ever! Do your homework. They are the underdog in all this. They are fighting Hollywood and all that bullshit, then they have Comcast putting the screws to them with slowing the traffic on comcast's internet service unless they pay a surcharge. Why? Because NetFlix is cutting into the their Pay-Per-View. Then, O wait, Postage keeps going up as well, when was the last time you put a stamp on your DVD? Wat to talk about the lacking selection, again talk to Hollywood and Blockbuster. They have deals to try to lock Netflixs out of the game, at one point Sony was charging 2Xs the licensing fee to Netflix as it was any other retailer