Ever had one of those days?

jerben

Yeah a buddy of mine had his done somewhere. He came to me to do the next oil change on his car. I could lift myself off the ground trying to break it loose. It was insane. I finally drove a screw driver through it (not the smartest thing) then wrapped a bunge cord around it and kept pulling. Finally both of us pulled on the bunge and it spun off throwing oil everywhere.

I just stood there and stared at him. Told him to learn to change his own oil from now on.

If the guys at Jiffy Lube didn't tick you off, you might actually come back, then they'd have to do some work, instead of stand out by the curb holding a "$10 off" sign all day. They get paid the same either way.

Edit: Sorry, thought this was a car oil change.

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

Blake, not a dumb question and yes, I did let it run for about 5 minutes. Long enough to warm up without burning me. lol

Bacchus, that makes me feel better.

Swore I was going to get a hernia trying to get that thing off. Sucks when you don't have a bike lift.

I would recommend a set of these. They are from Channel Lock and come in a few different sizes. I use them all the time on our work equipment (nothing worse than hydraulic filtes) and on our farm.

209.jpg

I have the Harbor Freight version of those, and yes, they work well.

But, I'd recommend going with a K&N filter, they've got a handy 1/2" nut on the end - makes removing it a piece of cake.

• 2 weeks later...
I would recommend a set of these. They are from Channel Lock and come in a few different sizes. I use them all the time on our work equipment (nothing worse than hydraulic filtes) and on our farm.

209.jpg

I own these and they are a must have!
I have the Harbor Freight version of those, and yes, they work well.

But, I'd recommend going with a K&N filter, they've got a handy 1/2" nut on the end - makes removing it a piece of cake.

Best filter on the market, just my .02
LOL, pic is of a K&N with the bolt @ the end all munched
even thats not a fail safe... monkeypaw!