I might get blasted for this one... CCW owners.. Please comment.

Dubguy85

This^

I will add to that plan, Always be aware of your surroundings, Aways know where the exits are, Alway keep a fresh target assesment in your head ie largest threat to smallest threat...know where your first shot is going.

This is the sheep dog mentality I have been talking about. Some people are wired for it others aren't.

How did we get off topic? I said in like the second thread having one at the house is fine.. I also said carrying one is fine.. I just said avoiding a place that won't let u carry one is ghey!

But its more fun to think I'm anti ccw...

carry on

Like I said in the other thread, I used to feel the same as you, and have said many of the things you said in this thread. But as to your ghey comment,

I think it also has something to do w principle. If the establishment is not going to support our right to carry (totally their right, no doubt) then we dont have to support their establishment.

As to the original question....

1. Probably around 2004 or so. Satellite installer that I did contract work for was under investigation by the FBI for card hacking and selling pirated DirecTV boxes. (not the small time stuff, big league stuff) They called me and started asking me questions. He got word of this. I ran into him at a local vendor on the West side of Indy. He threatened me, saying he would be waiting for me (with his buddies) outside when I was done. Definately a threat. You've seen me. Im not exactly Mr. bad ass.

2. 2005 or so. Sisters ex BF (loose cannon) came to my house in Westfield to pick up my niece. Was pissed because I wouldn't wake her up from her nap just because he showed up unexpected and said "jump". Was in my house throwing his weight around. Asked him to wait outside, and luckily he did.

3. 2005 Same sisters ex boyfriend. He was at a McDonalds in Westfield, pounding on the window of my moms car when my niece was in the car, threatening my mom. Cops were called.

All these were pre CCW for me, so the gun didnt play a part, but looking back I definately should have had one. Like you, I also used to think if I minded my own business and stayed away from "bad part of towns", that I would be OK. "Stay away from the East or West side of Indy" was my mentality. I intentionally moved to the North side of Indy from Speedway/West side. But it was these things that caused me to talk to a friend who carried, to be enlightened, and to get my CCW. Threaten my mom? Yeah, thats gonna put me over the edge.

Edited by idodishez

Exits? Yeah.

One of the things I see daily is from the first big house fire I went on when I was a volunteer FF. It was aways out in the country. We get there house is fully engulfed, we do our thing, no sign of the family. Total adrenaline rush the whole time right up to when we find the family huddled together in the kitchen about 4 feet from the door. They died holding each other. I feel like I'm there now looking at them.

wow. deep stuff

Yep when im riding its a one piece. I do have a pocket 380 now so its a little easier.

Well you can still carry it, but you cant draw it if needed. I carry my 380 LCP on an ankle holster (easier conceal at work, and I still haven't found a super comfortable IWB/OWB for any of my guns that still conceals well) , but Im starting to rethink that due to draw time. While riding I carry either ankle or IWB. If ankle, and Im wearing my boots while riding, Ill move it up to just below my knee, but that REALLY makes for a hard draw.

I wanna know how u were able to draw w/o him seeing if be was point blank range

It was very easy because he was a wannabe gangsta and was right up against me with his sideways glock screaming in my face thinking he was the shit. I always carry between 4 & 5 o'clock always have always will drawing without him seeing was not an issue at all. I lived in PA at the time and they already had LTCF (PA's CHL) so I was carrying legally.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why I carry a handgun for protection, Vol. 53

So that if ourselves and our German shepherd suddenly get attacked in a suburban park by three vicious off-leash pit bulls we will be able to successfully fight off the attacking canines, just like Kirkland, Washington resident Tim Lewis did last Saturday:

"During the unprovoked attack, the man pulled out his concealed weapon and opened fire, hitting one of the pit bulls and scaring off the others."

Very bad things can happen to innocent people at any time, even in the local park on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Please acquire the means, training and mindset to defend yourself accordingly.

"Charles McLennan was nearby and watched in horror as pit bulls attacked.

'If he didn't have that gun, he would probably be dead,' McLennan said of Lewis."

By the way, Mr. Lewis happens to be a youngish black male, which certainly helps to counter the blatantly racist labeling of law-abiding gun carriers by some anti-gun zealots as "just a bunch of soft, [middle-aged] white guys". (Former Dakota County, Minnesota Sheriff Don Gudmundson is the one who came up with that particular gem.)

I am a pastor and with that being said I have been called because of accidents or sickness all times of the night. Cleveland Clinic, Childrens Hospital in Columbus, Grant, Riverside, and different hospitals in Cinni, and at the wee hous of the morning my gun does give me a since of security. I may redneck, I may be hillbilly, and i am 58 years old can't run as fast or fight as long i guess the cccw just fills the gap. Call me whatever you want, if you knew me you would probally never know I owned a gun. Just call me a responsable old man............

I have not been in a situation where I have needed a firearm. I guess that makes me lucky or blessed. However, I do like the option that I COULD have one if I ever did need one. With the economy and the lack of a "known good safe places", you just never know if today is the day a bad guy will pick you for an attack / carjacking.

I think the interesting part to hear from people that have been in a SHTF situation is that they remember the month and year (if not the exact date) that it happened. That's something that will stick in their minds for the rest of their life. In most of those situations, if they hadn't been prepared, that date would be on their headstone.

I think the interesting part to hear from people that have been in a SHTF situation is that they remember the month and year (if not the exact date) that it happened. That's something that will stick in their minds for the rest of their life. In most of those situations, if they hadn't been prepared, that date would be on their headstone.

^ stupid hillbilly, point made Dubguy!

I like how on the first post you refer to most ccw people as hillbillys. Hillbillys are not the ones you need to worry about, they only shoot if you come on their land in the middle of the night. Its the thugs and gangsters that will rob and kill you. Its extremely rear that someone would waste the money time and effort to get a ccw just to commit a crime and lose it

• Upvote 1

I like how on the first post you refer to most ccw people as hillbillys. Hillbillys are not the ones you need to worry about, they only shoot if you come on their land in the middle of the night. Its the thugs and gangsters that will rob and kill you. Its extremely rear that someone would waste the money time and effort to get a ccw just to commit a crime and lose it

:+15million:

Arming responsible people makes the irresponsible people think twice about committing crime against innocent people, it kinda evens the playing field because criminals will carry even if its illegal.

there is no worry about people with a ccw , these people get them for protection not to raise their street credentials. You have a much greater chance of someone with a ccw saving your life in public if a situation would arise than you do someone putting your life in danger with a ccw

Edited by wicked94s10
  • Upvote 1

I am going to step in here, not agreeing with any party, but simply pointing out what I see from the outside.

Dubguy isn't trying to razz anyone, he is asking for his knowledge, for his reasoning, and even research if you will, as he get's ready to embark on another step of his life. Moving out of the city he has been in for several years to a new house, new job, new locations etc. Granted he has lived in IN before, but maybe not this exact area, who knows.

His first post doesn't directly call anyone anything bad, at least to me. He is simply stating what he has seen/heard or possibly experienced. So let's not take this to a directed pissing match. Lets take this and use it as a place to post experiences, stories, and reasoning for the CCW.

I have mine, not sure if you knew that Dub or not. I have NEVER carried in your vehicle though to keep things straight, I would ask you before I ever considered it etc. Even our trip to MI etc, some parts which we passed are not great.

Anyways, reason I was one of the first people in the county I was in, which was a Hill Billy county(Gurnsey), was because I knew that my future would include me moving to Columbus and working in some not so great areas. I ended up on Main St in Reynoldsburg and Brice Rd...

I was working for a lender and Citi Financial along with another lender less than 1 block from us was robbed every month for 3 straight months at gun point, banks locally were as well. On top of that I was collecting, going to peoples houses, asking for payments and telling them if they didn't pay I would repo their cars, houses, or personal items. Livingston and Brice, places like that.... I never once had a gun pulled on me, BUT I do feel that there were times had I not been open carrying, or CC it may have been another story.

I did have a friend in Mansfield that lived in one of the largest drug areas in Mansfield, and we would hear gun shots often. He is my best friend and like a brother but never owned a gun. Anytime I was there, I would be carrying, he was aware of it, and not big on it, but knew that at anytime a drive by could occur. His house was never shot up, but his neighbors was often. There was a dual murder there a few years ago, but he has since moved out.

I have several weapons around my house, hidden where only I know where they are. I have 2 more that my GF knows where they are, and 1 that is in open sight next to my bed. Reason being, I have often considered the worst of the worst and what could happen, maybe I watch too many movies, well 1-2 a year, but I will never be outgunned by someone illegally carrying. I will continue to carry and will protect myself, my loved ones, or anyone else that may need it, in a correct manner.

Sorry, I am long winded.

Dub, you and I came from very similar upbringings etc, if you ever want to talk about this or anything you got my number etc. I know where you are coming from.

Dubguy isn't trying to razz anyone, he is asking for his knowledge, for his reasoning, and even research if you will, as he get's ready to embark on another step of his life. Moving out of the city he has been in for several years to a new house, new job, new locations etc. Granted he has lived in IN before, but maybe not this exact area, who knows.

Bodyguard-1.jpg

• Upvote 1