Scorpion vs. Shoei

C-bus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still prefer scorpions, but if anyone needs a "spare" track helmet, the Bell Vortex deal at STG is freakin killer right now.

I was thrilled when I got mine for $99, and now they're $79.

"torn gold" (or whatever) is the color I got too. It's ugly, but it's a good helmet and kept my head in one piece during a decently violent crash.

I can't speak to its long-term comfort or wind noise because mine was only worn for a few races and 20-minutes at a time during trackdays, always with ear plugs, but the construction is definitely quality, and if you race, these have a 2010 build date, so they'll pass tech for years to come.

like I said, a great backup or passenger helmet for this price. I will be asking for another for christmas.

Scorpion did not fit my noggin, and Shoei didn't fit my budget. I got a HJC IS-16. It has the integrated (internal) sun shield, no-fog visor, much quieter than the Zox closeout helmet that I it replaced. After about a season and a half, the anti-fog doesn't work so well on one side of the visor, so I may just get a new visor to last a couple more years. Maybe then I will try on some more expensive helmets.

I actually called ridersdiscount yesterday, ready to pull the trigger on a great deal on an RF1100, but just couldn't bring myself to spend twice what another exo700 would. So it will be another scorpion in the spring.