Anyone use smart phone to accept credit cards?

chevysoldier

Just take my advice and stay away from it, we are all too accessible as it is and there is nothing safer than cash transactions.;)

True, cash can be safer. But being able to still get paid from someone who might not have enough cash is good too. It also allows you to track your sales for legal reasons, if needed. I'm not by any means sold on it, just curious about the technology.

I use square and it's great, money goes right to your bank account. The only problem is it cost like 2% or something for each transaction

2.75%, but no other fees.

Have you had any issues with it? How often do you use it?

True, cash can be safer. But being able to still get paid from someone who might not have enough cash is good too. It also allows you to track your sales for legal reasons, if needed. I'm not by any means sold on it, just curious about the technology.

2.75%, but no other fees.

Have you had any issues with it? How often do you use it?

I've only used a few times but everything worked as it should. Takes about a day to send the money to the bank account but that's not bad IMO.

Just use Paypal to accept credit card payments.

Pretty sure you can even accept payments from people that are not paypal users,

accept you can't accept any from me, my money is not good enough for paypal any more :lol::nono:

Just use Paypal to accept credit card payments.

Pretty sure you can even accept payments from people that are not paypal users' date='

accept you can't accept any from me, my money is not good enough for paypal any more :lol::nono:[/quote']

:lol: Yeah, no lotto stuff for me. ;)

You can do that on the phone? Through their app or the website?

You can do that on the phone? Through their app or the website?

Thru email. So I guess website or phone really.

Check out the "Merchant Services" section on the pp website.

Found this in the merchant section...Email payments....

1. You create an invoice.

You create a new invoice or reuse an existing invoice template. You then enter customer contact information and billing details such as quantities, unit prices, sales tax, and shipping costs. If you use Quicken or QuickBooks, add a PayPal button to your invoices so your customers can pay you online.

2. Your customer receives the invoice via email.

When a customer receives an email invoice in their inbox, they open it and click the payment button to make a payment.

3. Your customer pays you.

Your customer has the option to pay using their credit card, bank account, or PayPal balance. They don't even need a PayPal account.

4. You get paid. (The fun part.)

You receive an email when you get paid. You can then transfer the money to your bank account (bank transfers usually take 2–3 days to clear) or spend it online anywhere PayPal is accepted.

With a PayPal Debit Card, spend your balance anywhere MasterCard is accepted or withdraw it as cash at ATMs. (You are eligible to apply after your PayPal account has been in good standing for 60 days.)

Edited by SWing'R

Square is cool; I use it and have no trouble or complaints and the fees are reasonable at 2.75% for swipes and 3.5% for manual entries. Shortly I'll be switching over to Intuit as they offer everything I need in terms of handling all the accounting and electronic transactions in one place. I haven't had any trouble with PayPal but there are many, many others that've had funds locked for months at a time, been conned out of cash because of a dispute, etc.

No way would I ever trust that........

Exactly why not, over any other credit/debit card service? I get that you don't trust anything other than cash (or so it seems from your other replies) but Square is fine.

Put away the tinfoil hat and gives us something good.

I use square and it's great, money goes right to your bank account. The only problem is it cost like 2% or something for each transaction

I have a friend that uses it quite a bit without any issues. I have a square account, but haven't actually used it yet. I have no reservations about using it though, I just haven't had a situation arise where I've needed it.

Square works well. Allot of people use it, especially at conventions. I made 2 purchases last week through Square.

The flatfish has spoken! It must be fine, if flounder likes it! :lol:

Seriously though, it's free other than the percentage, which you could split with the other person.

Looking into the credit card apps to accept payments from people. There's a lot to choose from out there but I was specifically looking at "Square": https://market.android.com/details?id=com.squareup&feature=related_apps

Anyone have any input?

That is the one we used at a recent conference I was involved in, it is by far the popular. It works really well.