CBR250R at Treadway Honda

Beegreenstrings

I have seen one or 2 around. The 250r is still a better more versatile bike and can be had for sub 3k.

Why do you say the Ninja 250R is better and more versatile? I agree that there are many good used models on the market for under $3k but I don't see what is obviously better about the Ninja.

BTW I owned an `06 250R. It was a great bike and I liked it. But if I was buying new I would probably go for the Honda.

Craig

I had a 08 which I liked quite a bit. I just like that the engine is a bit more powerful and the aftermarket for the ninjas is flooded. Handling was solid as well. I forgot about the Honda having FI....so I guess was talking out of my ass haha since they are pretty even :o

I think its great they are trying to get better starter bikes out there but by now the Ninja 250 as the corner of the market. Its got more power.. which is a plus when you only have 250cc's and like mykill stated the after market is already there. I like the look of the Ninja better too.

from a performance perspective, the 250R is a lot faster around a track. like almost 2 seconds a lap, if memory serves.

in real-world riding conditions, the Honda has more torque right up until it totally runs out of steam and falls flat on its face. The Kawasaki keeps revving, and just walks away.

The honda is certainly more sophisticated, but I would say the EX250 is still "better," especially when you consider cost into the equation.