FINALLY, some more roadracing opportunities @ Mid-Ohio!

LongDogRacing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, nothing confirmed. I read the entire thread, and it seems like Mongo is going back and forth between talking about Blackhawk, and what he'd LIKE to see at Mid-Ohio.

And I'm with Brian regarding the sealer. I wasn't on it this past summer, but I saw no appreciable difference between last summer, and three years ago.

my buddy Mike and I watched from behind the garages on a rainy saturday morning at Mid-Ohio in 2010.

There was 1 rider out in "I"

lap 1, he spins up the rear on the front straight under gentle throttle in 3rd gear.

lap 2, he spins up the rear on the front straight under gentle throttle in 4th (we heard him short-shift)

a minute later, we hear the starter's radio, "rider down in T7." And he nearly crashed those first two laps.

This was a competent rider who was exhibiting more than ordinary caution, and had displayed the ability to 'save' (or at least not panic) the bike when the back end stepped way out.

Mike and I were drinking beer by 11:00. We never even went through tech that day. The track was "cold" after lunch, due to water running across the track between 7 & 8. Had a great time on Sunday though :)

I really doubt WERA will be there unless they can piggy back onto an existing event. I really think a series needs to hit that track 2-3 times a season. The organization that clinches it, will reap the rewards...

Moto Series anyone?

He has been talking about it. Maybe he needs you to push him into it. :D

info@motoseries.com

Maybe you can help with the issue of getting an event at Grattan also...

I think baby steps. Grattan is a haul for most people that would be racing MS...

I'd say work on Mid-O and add to the two already in existence and work in Grattan later if needed...

4 at Nelson, 2 at Beaver and 2 at Mid-O would be stellar...

I think baby steps. Grattan is a haul for most people that would be racing MS...

I'd say work on Mid-O and add to the two already in existence and work in Grattan later if needed...

4 at Nelson, 2 at Beaver and 2 at Mid-O would be stellar...

That would be stellar, also keep in mind the majority of the MS crowd is from the cleveland area, so they are closer to going to grattan than us. If you could get a weekend event at Mid Ohio though that would be great. Either way I am all for adding more tracks if possible...except maybe Gingerman....

Edited by APCh8r

That would be stellar, also keep in mind the majority of the MS crowd is from the cleveland area, so they are closer to going to grattan than us. If you could get a weekend event at Mid Ohio though that would be great. Either way I am all for adding more tracks if possible...except maybe Gingerman....

You do realize that it is actually further for them to travel than it is for me, right? About 5 hours from the Cleveland area...

I'm 4-1/2 and know a lot of the guys are from east of Cleveland which is adding more miles and time. They tried it before with little success.

That being said, I again think WERA is losing people. So, there are a bunch of possible customers that could be had. With WERA now adding Black Hawk Farms and truly making it damn near impossible for NC racers to attend w/o a deeper budget needed, MS getting a Grattan event or two would be great.

But, I think focusing on one new track is what should be done and if I were to suggest a second, it would be Putnam over Grattan...

I actually like Gingerman for some odd reason. People were complaining about the seams the entire day we were there and I never had any problem with them. Just like the dip in the last right hand turn. I think Hoblick or someone else was the only person I heard of taking an off track excursion.

But I would love to see MS out at Mid-O. Then Craig doesn't have any excuses to not go there. :D

You do realize that it is actually further for them to travel than it is for me, right? About 5 hours from the Cleveland area...

I'm 4-1/2 and know a lot of the guys are from east of Cleveland which is adding more miles and time. They tried it before with little success.

That being said, I again think WERA is losing people. So, there are a bunch of possible customers that could be had. With WERA now adding Black Hawk Farms and truly making it damn near impossible for NC racers to attend w/o a deeper budget needed, MS getting a Grattan event or two would be great.

But, I think focusing on one new track is what should be done and if I were to suggest a second, it would be Putnam over Grattan...

I would be greatful for any of those three you have listed...now work your magic! :D

I actually like Gingerman for some odd reason. People were complaining about the seams the entire day we were there and I never had any problem with them. Just like the dip in the last right hand turn. I think Hoblick or someone else was the only person I heard of taking an off track excursion.

But I would love to see MS out at Mid-O. Then Craig doesn't have any excuses to not go there. :D

There was at least 4 wrecks in that turn that day.

First off you didn't have problems with gman since you were doing 35 all day. :D

I plan on going next year to mido, it's been what 3 years now.