FINALLY, some more roadracing opportunities @ Mid-Ohio!

LongDogRacing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was at least 4 wrecks in that turn that day.

Well, apparently the other 96 plus overbooked people didn't find much problem with it. :rolleyes:

First off you didn't have problems with gman since you were doing 35 all day. :D

I plan on going next year to mido, it's been what 3 years now.

I'm going to blame Teá for the slow pace. :D And yes, I was only doing 35 and that's why she got mad at me for taking off during the leap frog session. :nono:

Ouch, that is going to definitely going to get a response

:rolleyes: Duh.

I'd do the race school and run a few Sundays just to be a back marker and hold you guys up....well Craig and Jinu anyway. It shouldn't be hard to stay in front of you buttercup. :D

I'd do the race school and run a few Sundays just to be a back marker and hold you guys up....well Craig and Jinu anyway. It shouldn't be hard to stay in front of you buttercup. :D

You sure like to dream there old man, only time you would possibly be in front of me is during a start...wouldn't last long though.

if you all want to really impress upon Todd that you're serious about wanting other tracks, don't just say, "i'll register if you race at ________ track."

send him pre-registered fees now. Post-date a check, and write "mid-ohio entry fees" on the memo line.

That's a commitment, and everything I know about Todd makes me trust that he wouldn't cash the check if the event fell through - but it would be a REAL commitment, instead of just words.

todd had 600 or 700 in cash from me (and others) since Jan of 2011 (at bike show). the commitment is there, but there were/are greater issues that needed resolving than a deposit.

todd had 600 or 700 in cash from me (and others) since Jan of 2011 (at bike show). the commitment is there, but there were/are greater issues that needed resolving than a deposit.

Even being a rookie racer I would happily add to that Jinu, just let me know if you all are doing that again to help with the nudge forward.... I have paypal and bank with Chase, I can send funds.

Even being a rookie racer I would happily add to that Jinu, just let me know if you all are doing that again to help with the nudge forward.... I have paypal and bank with Chase, I can send funds.

We usually pre pay for the entire season when we go to the IX center event to help out, and to get his funds started for the season.

You sure like to dream there old man, only time you would possibly be in front of me is during a start...wouldn't last long though.

At least I have a legitimate excuse for being slow.

What's yours? Let me guess, your mismatched duct tape color is slowing you down? :D

At least I have a legitimate excuse for being slow.

What's yours? Let me guess, your mismatched duct tape color is slowing you down? :D

Which excuse is that? You are old? Or fat?:D

You really aren't going to know what to do once paul finishes my new bodywork and you won't have the duct tape to make fun of....sorry not all of us have boring flat black paint jobs:rolleyes:

Nick, remind me about the $$ come that time of the year. I remember you telling me last season but I wasn't set on what I was doing. Obviously, this time around I am ready to toss some $$ Todd's way to help get things rolling or whatever.

Thanks bud.

Just come to the Cleveland IMS show with us. You can pre-pay for events and pay for your license for next season. Usually a pretty good time, and get to see some people from OR, check out new bikes, etc.

Which excuse is that? You are old? Or fat?:D

You really aren't going to know what to do once paul finishes my new bodywork and you won't have the duct tape to make fun of....sorry not all of us have boring flat black paint jobs:rolleyes:

My excuse is both ya skinny ass punk. Hopefully Paul has convinced you into some other color than green since you obviously bleed Yamahahhahhaaa blue.

:D

That means I have to hang with Craig, Jinu, and you.... I dunno about that ;)

I get the same feeling at the track. Just keep you back to a wall and you'll be fine. ;) If Craig has his "Smooth" going there might actually be some girls at the booth.

On this topic though, I read this post by Todd on his forum:

Dated 10/8/2011

"I have always been looking to add more tracks into our race schedule, but...

We can only get dates at other tracks that are not weather friendly such as March and late October.

Those are pretty much guaranteed to be cold and rainy if not worse, snow and ice.

I have been asking for years at nearby tracks to give us a date but until a date opens that another group (car or motorcycle) decides to cancel or no longer use that date will it be available to even ask for.

We have been stuck in this holding pattern now for the past four years waiting for someone to cancel and us to be next in line.

I have been telling guys to call and email tracks to express our interest in coming so that perhaps they will give us more consideration when it comes to scheduling."

So it might be worth while for us all to start a campaign to petition some tracks that could be added to the MS schedule for next year.

Edited by r1crusher

OK, not to critique, but there needs to be a plan in place. A set of tracks that will be targeted and a process by which someone, somebody or some group will proceed.

Getting signatures isn't going to hold water if it isn't a targeted idea.

My proposal would be to target Grattan, Putnam and Mid-Ohio. I would get people to sign and list where they are from, race status, current racing organization, etc.

I think that Moto Series has a GREAT opportunity to succeed in the wake of WERA's lacking grids in the region. I think that you need to give a description of the way MS does the events, what they offer and some quotes or recommendation letters from some of it's well known racers that run multiple series and may even be WERA licensed racers.

The fact is that this has to be a benefit to the TRACKS. Not to anything else. Otherwise, it is like asking how many people would be in for a private track day, needing a set number of customers and when the internet polls come up, it appears to be easy to pull off, but when time comes to shell out money, drive, participate, etc., people drop like flies. The tracks are going to look at a signed petition and maybe feel that MS is worth a look, but in the end, unless there is money attached to that list, it doesn't weigh much.

I am talking to a few people and will call Todd soon. I am trying to get some folks to call back and see if we can possibly get into some places, but there are going to be hurdles.

Anyways, not trying to be Debbie Downer. I just think there needs to be a few more steps and maybe you'd get more signatures. I also think the process needs to include a description to what will be done in pursuing this with tracks.

I would have went with negative Nancy.

Ok really though, we do need a good plan of attack for this to happen. I know we have a few big hitters on board and we need to utilize them as most of us don't have that much pull. I know Brian and jig both have some ins with a few of the tracks and I'm sure there are others.