Droid 2 users info(maybe other droid phones)

2talltim

Root it and you will have all the performance you want

Or take it even further and get a custom kernel and rom :D Droid X here running CyanogenMOD 7.0 - it's shocking how terrible the stock software on most Android phones is, especially Motorola devices. My customized X runs circles around stock Droid X2's even though they pack way more punch under the hood.

Or take it even further and get a custom kernel and rom :D Droid X here running CyanogenMOD 7.0 - it's shocking how terrible the stock software on most Android phones is, especially Motorola devices. My customized X runs circles around stock Droid X2's even though they pack way more punch under the hood.

+1

running bionix v 1.3.1 on vibrant. been thinking about trying out cyanogenmod. probably will flash it sometime this week and give it a spin.

did you overclock?

did you overclock?

Stock clocks, but undervolted. Same performance with a bit less battery usage. I tried running it OC'd to 1.2 but it was fairly hard on the battery, and CM7 is so smooth that the overclock wasn't even needed.

I'm flashing to a Gingerbread kernel and CM 7.1 tonight - been running a Froyo kernel for a while because I'm too lazy to reflash sometimes... Should be awesome :D