Why carry a gun?

jblosser

Please don't get me wrong...I love guns.

Pistols, rifles, shotguns, you name it.

At one time, I had 8 pistols...had about $5k invested in them.

I also fully support the right to carry.

I choose not to because I've never been in a situation where I thought I'd be "safer" if I was carrying.

You may call that being naive...but tables turned, I call people that carry paranoid.

Please don't get me wrong...I love guns.

Pistols, rifles, shotguns, you name it.

At one time, I had 8 pistols...had about $5k invested in them.

I also fully support the right to carry.

I choose not to because I've never been in a situation where I thought I'd be "safer" if I was carrying.

You may call that being naive...but tables turned, I call people that carry paranoid.

Not being paranoid "these days" can get ya killed, and I would rather have and not need than the alternative. And you my friend are for sure not naive about anything, but few fights and bad situations can be solved with your fists or threats these days. You have to do whatever makes you feel warm, fuzzy and safe.....all that matters is you making it home to or with your family.

Brian, I love ya man...but I disagree.

I refuse to live my life paranoid...and I can't remember the last time I didn't feel safe.

Does your wife carry now?

How about your son?

I mean hell, schools are extremely dangerous these days!

If they don't, why not?

Don't you care about their safety?

Brian, I love ya man...but I disagree.

I refuse to live my life paranoid...and I can't remember the last time I didn't feel safe.

How about your son?

I mean hell, schools are extremely dangerous these days!

If they don't, why not?

Don't you care about their safety?

I want her to carry "I know several women that do", and Grant for sure wants to carry when he is old enough. Like I told you Matt, as long as you are under the delusion that you are truly safe these days........do as you will and must. Crazy mentally disturbed hopped up on drugs out of work pieces of shit that don't care about anybody are anywhere and everywhere. I don't feel paranoid or unsafe at all, I choose to carry and it helps keep me calm and even more aware of my surroundings. I travel allot as you know, so I look at my firearm as no different than my wallet, and both could save your ass.:cool: Don't read the news, watch the news or watch any crime programs on TV.....because it is very safe out there and nobody is getting victimized or worse. When you get your next bike and are riding with me, I will keep us safe........well as long as I can keep up with ya!

Edited by Pokey

if i did carry, it would be desert eagle, and since it would be almost pointless to try to conceal such a weapon, i'd just open carry all the time...like the old west...

Just FYI, according to Ohio law, if you are armed and sitting on a motorcycle, the law considers the handgun "concealed" even if it's visible 100' away. And you need a CHL to have a "concealed" handgun.

Just FYI, according to Ohio law, if you are armed and sitting on a motorcycle, the law considers the handgun "concealed" even if it's visible 100' away. And you need a CHL to have a "concealed" handgun.

Noted. Thanks, but I'm really not interested in carrying a firearm. Especially on my motorcycle, because I somehow manage to lose any and all patience while riding.

Just because you feel safe doesn't mean that you are.

True, the vast majority of us will never, ever need it.

OTOH, there are the classic situations like Dr. Suzanna Hupp whose parents were killed in Luby's cafeteria by a suicidal maniac while her gun was locked in her car outside as then required by law, and Nikki Grosser whose husband was killed while she watched.

There were the people killed in the Salt Lake City mall a few years ago that never expected any trouble...

The list goes on.

Yes, my wife has her CHL and she carries.

Ken

I am very careful when I ride, thus I don't need my helmet, or gloves, or jacket, or boots.

I am also very careful when I drive, and so I don't need my seatbelt or any of those stupid airbags.

I only drive/ride where other motorists are paying attention and are mindful of the traffic laws.

My grandmother was giving my cousin a hard time for carrying at his sister's wedding reception :p

he did lock it in his car before he started drinking, but I remember my grandmother asking why he needed it. He simply told her, "if you always carry an umbrella, you never get rained on."

Really makes no difference......you must have a CHL regardless whether open or concealed on/in a motor vehicle.

Just because you feel safe doesn't mean that you are.

True, the vast majority of us will never, ever need it.

OTOH, there are the classic situations like Dr. Suzanna Hupp whose parents were killed in Luby's cafeteria by a suicidal maniac while her gun was locked in her car outside as then required by law, and Nikki Grosser whose husband was killed while she watched.

There were the people killed in the Salt Lake City mall a few years ago that never expected any trouble...

The list goes on.

Yes, my wife has her CHL and she carries.

Ken

Just because you feel lucky...that doesn't mean you will be...

The vast majority of us will never will a million dollars from a lottery...

I mean sure, you read about the people that did. Maybe you've even seen them on TV. If you're real lucky, maybe you know someone personally!

Hell, somebody's got to win...and if you keep playing...it might be you!!

Edited by BadTrainDriver

I am very careful when I ride, thus I don't need my helmet, or gloves, or jacket, or boots.

I am also very careful when I drive, and so I don't need my seatbelt or any of those stupid airbags.

I only drive/ride where other motorists are paying attention and are mindful of the traffic laws.

Honestly jblosser, which do you think you're MORE likely to have happen?

A car/motorcycle accident, or the need to defend yourself via a gun?

That's not a fair comparison.

Here are examples of fair comparisons:

You might get bit by a shark...you better not swim in the ocean!

You might win the lottery...spend a dollar ever day!

You might get stuck by lightning...don't ever leave you house if the forecast calls for rain!

Actually, I'd be willing to bet you're MORE likely to have all three of the above things happen than to need a gun to protect yourself in America.

Edited by BadTrainDriver